autodesk buys alias

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

00o00

autodesk buys alias

Post by 00o00 »

tiated and completely separate from the as many genes as had been predicted by tivation and AMPA receptor translocation
If you go on the Internet and type in "colon cleanse," there are dozens notice significant changes in your shape.  Centenarians: The Bonus Years by Lynn Peters Alder, J.D
starts with a chopped salad, then segues into beef tenderloin with Asian Salmon with Brown Rice Pilaf  Water is more important than food or vitamin supplements.You
machines are not represented by stable be expressed at high levels in human ep- includes blockade of matrix metalloproteinase
Last edited by 00o00 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
typo

Post by typo »

I think that may be pushing it...

Flash would be more suitable for what you want to do.
00o00

Post by 00o00 »

Well I had actualy never used any animation software before moho, nor I have any knowledge on games 2d or 3d.
But I'm pretty sure the animation setup and workflow on moho would be great for games as well. Your right It's too much to ask as a function, but maybe the guys at lost marbles would like to make a second moho destined for game creation...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:D That it'd be GREAT!!! I'd love can do that easily with Moho or similar program, cause I'm inspiring my animations on old 2D games now, and can control the characters moving and interactuating arround the background, objects or another characters it'd be a DREAM! Seems not easy, but it'd be nice that LM think in this possibilitie, CIAO!
RASH

Re: 2d games with moho

Post by RASH »

00o00 wrote:This would be a cool feature or a companion separate app.
[snip]
well I don't know how it'll work I just know it'll be nice function or app to add.
It would probably require a separate rendering library and a programmer's toolkit to render the Moho text file, as well as a game construction kit. I'm sure that a Java, C++ (or simular) capable programmer can create such tools.

I hope that LM doesn't walk this path, because its roots are in character animation and should remain there if they want to stay ahead of the competition.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Typo is right -- if you want interactivity, use Flash. You can always design the animated sections in Moho and import them into Flash. The only way LM can compete is by keeping his focus.

That's my two pennies...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
00o00

Post by 00o00 »

Hi, thanks for your answers!!
I had never used flash, so excuse me if I have to ask.
Can I export the animations made in moho to flash? Even if they were made with png files? How? I just rendered one of my files on swf format and I get nothing.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Some effects do not export to Flash. Take a look at the manual (appendix)...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
00moa00

Post by 00moa00 »

I hope that LM don't forget :
MOHO is an animation software...(for making animation!)
After, okay, develop other cool stuff around but never forget your GOAL and the reason why users have bought MOHO...
cribble

Post by cribble »

You can export into some limited formats to import into flash. Picture files can be imported, as well as SWF can (as swf is flashes main format). I guess you could create different movements, like a run forward movement, back, left right, jump etc and use flash and its scripting capabilites to make everything work. Get Macromedia's flash, and some tutorials on the go... and if you want to buy flash go onto eBay.
--Scott
cribble.net
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

If you want to make 2D games, use a program that was designed for it like Gamemaker. Gamemaker isn't too hard to use and is more suited to a beginner who wants to make games than Flash is. Doing a game in Flash is actually quite a task, especially anything remotely complex. Gamemaker is only $20 to register the full version. I've got it, its pretty sweet, especially for someone thats not a programmer.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, THANKS for the information LittleFenris! I'm looking for information now, but do you know about other good & easy programs for this? Only for comparing... *CIAO*

PD: Maybe is not the adequate forum site to dicuss this, but well...
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Ramón López wrote:Well, THANKS for the information LittleFenris! I'm looking for information now, but do you know about other good & easy programs for this? Only for comparing... *CIAO*

PD: Maybe is not the adequate forum site to dicuss this, but well...
Gamemaker is the easiest program I've found for making 2D games. It is much easier to do a side scrolling game like Sonic, Contra, etc...in Gamemaker than it is to do them in Flash. There is also a program called Multimedia Fusion for doing games but it was a lot harder to use than Gamemaker for me. The same company also has an older program for game creation called The Games Factory but I couldn't really figure it out either. Gamemaker has a great online forum with plenty of users to answer any question you might have, the other 2 don't seem to have near the quality of users as GM. Check them all out and see which fits you best.

The good thing about all of the programs is you could still use Moho to do all the character animation for the games, then import the rendered Moho animations into whatever program you chose for making the games.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANKS!!! I've been trying Gamemaker and seem cool & easy, yes :) I'm interested basically in Platform games (I forgot clarify this in my previous post), now I'm going to see the others that you are talking about, well, thanks (again) and BYE!
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Ramón López wrote:THANKS!!! I've been trying Gamemaker and seem cool & easy, yes :) I'm interested basically in Platform games (I forgot clarify this in my previous post), now I'm going to see the others that you are talking about, well, thanks (again) and BYE!
Gamemaker is absolutely perfect for platform games. There are 2 ways to make the games too...you can hand code a lot of the game (the more efficient way to do it once you know the program) or you can use these icons and just type in certain values to program. The 2nd option is easier for beginners but hand coding is a much better way to go. I'm no expert programmer and I was able to get a platform game started in GM w/o much problem. There are plenty of editable games and examples online for Gamemaker that you can open up and see how they were done. The manual for GM is also very well done. Very thorough. Have fun!