movie clip stabilizing with ASP

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

super8mm

movie clip stabilizing with ASP

Post by super8mm »

I recorded with a hand held pocket camcorder a skunk walking on the other side of the street. The camera doesn't have a zoom of any kind but shot in HD so I had some play with the ability to zoom digitally when I got to my computer. The first two seconds are done without stabilization but when the skunk passes in front of the garage door I started to use the tracking feature in Anime Studio Pro.

How to steady a shot using tracking.

1- Import a movie clip.
2- Scale with the Layer Tool, set the movie clip layer to x=-1 y=-1 it will be mirrored and upside down.
3- Use the video tracking tool as described in the ASP manual. Basically you find a spot of color on the clip that the video tracking tool can follow.
4- Once the tracking is done duplicate the movie layer.
5 Delete all of the layer translations in the timeline of the duplicate.
6 Scale the duplicated movie back to x=1 y=1.
7 With the duplicate layer chosen go to Animation > Track Layer To Video> inform of the tracking points then OK.
8 (optional) If you want to pan and scan the movie clip, place the duplicated movie layer in a group folder. Use the group folder layer to additionally adjust zoom and panning.
9 Hide or delete the initial movie layer to improve rendering time.

results:
http://vimeo.com/6661727
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Great Idea!