unknown handles appearing

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Galbatron

unknown handles appearing

Post by Galbatron »

While drawing some shapes in AS6.1 today, two pink round control handles appeared on a shape. I haven't seen them before and I can't seem to find anything about them in the manual. What are they for? Both pink circles can be moved and they stay connected by the line in between.
I tried to recreate the way they looked in a drawing, because AS6 crashed during the same session and I coudn't reproduce those handles anymore.
GalbE
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

That handles are the new controls for textures and gradients.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Galbatron

Post by Galbatron »

selgin wrote:That handles are the new controls for textures and gradients.
Thanks. They're great (got it to work now with gradient and texture) and they can be animated too :D .
Should be added to the manual though...
GalbE
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Galbatron wrote:Thanks. They're great (got it to work now with gradient and texture) and they can be animated too :D .
Should be added to the manual though...
I totally agree. There is not too much info on tutorial and here in the forum seems to be not much people have played with them yet.
I'm totally amazed with the handles flexibility and i'm working with them right now. Some days ago I posted a whale with textures simulating a 3d turn
check it out
viewtopic.php?p=85284
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel