New Series I'm Working on.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

muffysb

Post by muffysb »

Love it! And it's intriguing...I definitely want to know how this plays out. And I really like the look of the cascade of arrows...something majestic and powerful, but still graceful.

Something I'd change: the "whip pan" effect (which happens, three times, I think?) goes on too long for comfort. I usually see it as a quick transition to heighten the action, but in your animation it stays so long that I begin to consciously think "Does this actually represent that time is passing?" I'm still not sure.

Cheers,
Muffy.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I found that voice actor via the voice acting club: http://voiceacting.proboards.com which I've never used. My understanding is that they're not paid jobs. More info on that here: http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index. ... read=17827 But! The demo for this particular actor went to a professional site, so maybe she does some free and some paid work? Anyway, if you do a forum search, I think some animators have shared their experiences about using sites like this.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

muffysb wrote:Love it! And it's intriguing...I definitely want to know how this plays out. And I really like the look of the cascade of arrows...something majestic and powerful, but still graceful.

Something I'd change: the "whip pan" effect (which happens, three times, I think?) goes on too long for comfort. I usually see it as a quick transition to heighten the action, but in your animation it stays so long that I begin to consciously think "Does this actually represent that time is passing?" I'm still not sure.

Cheers,
Muffy.
Wow, My girlfriend said the same thing. Yup I need to adjust that. Thanks
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

O.k. This is it... Pretty close to being done. made a few adjustments, This time I have included my studio stamp, the opening title. The audio is horrible in the narration. The Volume drops alot compared to the opening title. Any how more suggestions if you got anything... Anyone else?

Episode One First Segment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okye7b2Ko4w
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Also check out a brief "History" of Eve. This slide show features images from past endevours with my Eve project. You'll see some 3D models in the slideshow. Hope you all enjoy... Youll see little hints of things to come. Marzout!

A Brief History "Eve of October"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwnkf-4nqRI
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

That's a really nice and complete opening segment. The last bit was done in a 3D program?

The Eve clip was interesting. Do you still have copies of your comics available for purchase?
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Great work! And the first drawings were dated '98. 12 years in the making? No wonder the plot is complex. You have 3D models of your story so I have to ask why go 2D with it instead? Was it the ridiculously long rendering times or that fake human factor? You know, when things look almost real that any little mistake messes up the whole illusion. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more. Your GohlusAnm7.avi and galaxy.avi space scenes are AMAZING! My jaw dropped and rolled under the table. I couldn't eat lunch!
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

neeters_guy wrote:That's a really nice and complete opening segment. The last bit was done in a 3D program?

The Eve clip was interesting. Do you still have copies of your comics available for purchase?
Which bit are you talking about? The jungle river? Well at any rate I havent used any 3D work... Its all anime studio.

No Eve comic was released, I was setting up pages for a proposal that never happened. I did get several short stories published through "Antarctic Press", Not sure how easy it is to get them, but I could give you the issue #'s if you want them.

Eve currently is written in screenplay format, and I also have a thick bible of work containing character profiles, history, direction, and even a complex culture background for both the Baulor and Tupaul. I even have designed a basic language for both the Bauhlor and Tupaul (they speak the same language basically). I want this series to be realistically seeded in culture.

For the most part the story is about these two entities battling for the Heart of Sol. They travel through dimensions, and that sort of thing. Eve is the "chosen one". Her destiny is to protect our dimension "Tamus" from being taken over by the Tupaul. Eve is human, but also immortal... oops im going to far here, but any how more will be revealed.

I decided to try and do something on my own (separate from the industry). Doing comics is a rough gig for someone doing freelance. I almost got a full series run for a comic called "Intersteller Overdrive". The site for that comic is still up, but none of my work will appear there. The creator/writer for that series decided to pull out at the last minute, because he felt that my style was taking his vision in a different direction. Which I understood.

Thanks for the comment, and keep watching. Marzout!
Last edited by neomarz1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Vagabond wrote:Great work! And the first drawings were dated '98. 12 years in the making? No wonder the plot is complex. You have 3D models of your story so I have to ask why go 2D with it instead? Was it the ridiculously long rendering times or that fake human factor? You know, when things look almost real that any little mistake messes up the whole illusion. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more. Your GohlusAnm7.avi and galaxy.avi space scenes are AMAZING! My jaw dropped and rolled under the table. I couldn't eat lunch!
Well the biggest problem I had with doing a 3D series, was the work load. Modeling, skinning, and rigging is very time consuming (compared to anime studio). I spent almost a year setting up all my characters for the series (to include doing the landscapes and scene build up). My biggest set back was how quick the 3D technology advances. All my models were basically "outdated", when I finished. Most models out there now clock in with more polygons than I was working with. I could have updated my models, but that year showed me just how much work would be required to finished even the shortest project. There is almost no way to compete against a studio of artists working on one project. Somewhere down the line I need to actually start putting a team together to do this project (even in 2D). Another problem was coming up with the money to get a new "3D Studio Max" program. I dont want to produce anything illegally, because I just have too much invested to lose my project to a lawsuit!

I did however manage to do a comic called "Shifter" which was a 3D comic that I had planned on releasing as a DVD comic. I just felt that it didnt look good enough compared to work that is currently out there, so now Im sitting on a comic that will probably never get released. I may post "Shifter" as a slide show comic for youtube, but I may not, because its pretty old and dated.

Thanks for the comment, appreciate the input. Marzout!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

neomarz1 wrote:Which bit are you talking about? The jungle river? Well at any rate I havent used any 3D work... Its all anime studio.
Yes, the jungle river. Beautifully done.
I did get several short stories published through "Antarctic Press", Not sure how easy it is to get them, but I could give you the issue #'s if you want them.
Small world. I did some work for AP many years ago. Sure, if you can give the title and issue numbers, I'll see if I can ferret them out.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

neeters_guy wrote:
neomarz1 wrote:Which bit are you talking about? The jungle river? Well at any rate I havent used any 3D work... Its all anime studio.
Yes, the jungle river. Beautifully done.
I did get several short stories published through "Antarctic Press", Not sure how easy it is to get them, but I could give you the issue #'s if you want them.
Small world. I did some work for AP many years ago. Sure, if you can give the title and issue numbers, I'll see if I can ferret them out.
Ninja High School "Swim Suit Special 92" Page 12 (1 illustration)

Girls of Ninja High School #3 (Short Story Iczer Fun pages 20-23)

Mangazine #34 (pages 27-32 The Coqueror... This one actually features the Baulor Entity which is a huge character in "Eve of October")

Mangazine #35 (The Conqueror Part 2)

Absolute Zero #2 (Back Page inset 1 Page)

Venus Comics "A-Bomb" (Two illustrations, and The Centerfold!!!!... Adults only)

I worked with Herb Mallette on trying to get "Intersteller Over Drive" Published. We really tried to get that series going, but as I said the writer/creator Doug Holvrson pulled the project at the last moment. Doug was a great guy, and I understood his reasoning. Herb got me to supply illustrations to several of Doug's Apazine "Generation XXX". I had probably a eight illustrations submitted to that magazine. What stuff did you get to work on? Very cool to know someone else involved with A.P.

Oh a quick note on the River scene. I basically have built up a photo library from which I pull images into photo shop. I basically take key elements and build a painting around them. My favorite tools to use are Gausican Blur, Smart Blur, and Accent Edge. Alot of tweaking is required to get the images to look like they belong with the characters. Currently Im working on a scratch painting for one of my Eve Scenes, I just couldnt find any good images to use. Not alot of swamp areas around where I live. Most of the photos I get when im out on vacation. Ill try to post a link to my painting im working on. Be back soon

Take Care Bro!
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

O.k. Here it is. Still working it over, but a good start.

neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Ok, Looking better. second Draft.

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

wow, those are beautiful. I actually prefer the first one, though.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:wow, those are beautiful. I actually prefer the first one, though.
Yeah I came back later and thought that it looked to harsh on the second picture, so I actually took the first image and dropped its exposure to 50% after your comment. It softened it up, and kept some details that I liked.