Anime 6 Upgrade

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

InfoCentral

Anime 6 Upgrade

Post by InfoCentral »

So has everyone upgraded to Anime Studio Pro 6 yet? I know there was a huge fury over the cost of the upgrade when it was initially released.

Did you bite the bullet and buy in yet?
Last edited by InfoCentral on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yep, I finally made the plunge and now I too am a happy owner of Anime Studio Pro 6! Yeah...
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I'm still with 5.6. I'm a hobbyist who can't (yet...?) justify the upgrade expense.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have version 6 pro and personally I can't back to 5.6. It's all much ordered and powerful.I recommend to upgrade. Anyway, I work as animator who open AS every single day and I'm a very huge fan of this software, so maybe I'm just crazy.

PD: One thing of version 6 whitout I couldn't live are the new controlers for gradients and textures. It opens a new way to make animation and are much more useful than I first thought.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

jahnocli wrote:I'm still with 5.6. I'm a hobbyist who can't (yet...?) justify the upgrade expense.
I hear ya. I too waited till the price dropped. I knew it would and I bought it for $65. I had no intention of paying the $129 asking price.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

I have 6.1. I like the new window layout, and a lot of the new features like only displaying animated values on the timeline, the sequencer, audio placement, and a lot more, but I still work a bit in 5.6 due to some scripts needing to be updated to be compatible.
Galbatron

Post by Galbatron »

I upgraded too. I'm an amateur animator and version 5 was my first version. I will not go back to 5.4 anymore now I'm used to 6. I wouldn't want to miss the possibility to load more than one audio file (I'm a musician and audio engineer!) just to name one.
BTW: I payed the full upgrade price but I never regretted it while working with version 6.
I also tried Toonboom Studio but the way it works is soo different. I couldn't get used to it. And it doesn't have bones rigging!
GalbE
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think there are going to be a lot of really GREAT sales going on this Christmas season. You just have to keep your eyes on the ball because some of them are only for 1 day like when I bought my copy of Anime Studio Pro 6.
Galbatron

Post by Galbatron »

I think there are going to be a lot of really GREAT sales going on this Christmas season
I saw AS Debut come by in the marketing mail from SM several times but not Pro. Where did you buy the $65 version?
(I'll remeber that when 7 comes along :lol: )
GalbE
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Galbatron wrote: Where did you buy the $65 version?
(I'll remeber that when 7 comes along :lol: )
Content Paradise had a Friday 13th sale with everything 50% off except Poser 8.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Galbatron wrote:I upgraded too. I'm an amateur animator and version 5 was my first version. I will not go back to 5.4 anymore now I'm used to 6.
Just ran across this review of AS 6 Pro on the web. The guy has done some good tutorials on using AS 5 Pro. I like the one on how to make comic strips.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I have also updated from 5.6 to 6.1 with only 64.99$ ( discount of 50% on Friday 13 )
Galbatron

Post by Galbatron »

Just ran across this review of AS 6 Pro on the web. The guy has done some good tutorials on using AS 5 Pro. I like the one on how to make comic strips.[/quote]

He'll probably continue with ASP version 5 because he doesn't like 6 very much :( . I watched the review only until halfway. He kept on whining about the 'stupid' things that are added in version 6 and I felt sad about this 'review'.
GalbE
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Galbatron wrote:He'll probably continue with ASP version 5 because he doesn't like 6 very much :( . I watched the review only until halfway. He kept on whining about the 'stupid' things that are added in version 6 and I felt sad about this 'review'.
I just wrote him a message on the video. I think it's just an irrelevant review. Not because I love AS 6 and he don't, but because he just don't know how to use it.
I know it's off topic, but I'm animator and I'm journalist too and when I have to make a critic I study, plan the critic, pose a hypothesis, contrast sources, etc. There is nothing of that here. That's the problem with internet, there are a lot of people saying things, but just a very little group which actually has something to say.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I get the impression, from things he says in his videos and the ending credits, that he is still in High School.