Anime Studio 5 - Max Number of Frames?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Borogrove

Anime Studio 5 - Max Number of Frames?

Post by Borogrove »

I'm trying to animate a music video in Studio 5 (my first one!). The song is a little over 4 minutes long and I'd like to go 24 fps; however, I can't seem to make the program go over 3000 frames. I can get it to work by animating at 11 fps, but that's a bit too low for my tastes. Is this just a limitation of the cheap version or is there a workaround that I haven't found?

Thanks for any help.

(Edit: And my appologies if I picked the wrong forum.)
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Anime Studio’s Project Settings are limited to 3000 frames maximum.

Please have a look at the comparison-chart “Anime Studio vs Pro”
http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/animepro/index.html

Regards
Nolan
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Animating 4 minutes worth of stuff on one continuous timeline is quite a thing. Sure you want to do it this way? Perhaps a more manageable idea would be to animate each shot independently, render each scene out on its own and then stick them all together in a video editing software, like iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut Express or something.

Just means that if you want to correct something in your music video you needn't render out the whole 4 minutes. Also, I imagine your computer might get pretty slow with 4 minutes of stuff to animate.

This depends on what it is you're making, so I could be completely wrong. Perhaps its one continuous shot or something.
Borogrove

Post by Borogrove »

Nolan: Thanks, I knew the info had to be buried somewhere, I appreciate it. Yay for the economy, I won't be picking up Pro anytime soon (though a good friend is in Auckland, he says you folks are having it about as bad as we are Stateside).

Mikdog: I thought about doing that but unfortunately the piece I'm working on has some very specific timing, so trying to piece it afterward and mesh it to the music is a bit more than I want to handle for a fun piece. The rendering isn't a problem, we have a computer tweaked out to be a Blender box that could handle it just fine. I'll just have to work on other projects until I can get the Pro version.

Thanks again to you both!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think it might be a great deal easier to composite out in Blender then to try to render a 4 minute video in AS.
Borogrove

Post by Borogrove »

If I was a Blender user I probably would! Alas, it's the BF who is the Blender afficionado, I'm the 2D artist in the household.

We'll see how it goes, I've found a two minute song I'm going to try doing instead, first in a simple tools-only version and then Photoshop accented. Since people think its such a challenge, I'd be happy to post progression, if anyone is intererested?