Animated Particle-Options

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hiddicop

Animated Particle-Options

Post by Hiddicop »

Okay, I'm quite sure more people than I have thought about this, and got irritated by it not already existing - unless ofcourse it already does exist.

It would be great if more of the particle-options were animatible - so that you could variate the number of particles, there veolcity, the acceleration and the other stuff. Is this perhaps already possible (I sure havn't found it)? If not - it would be very helpfull.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Oops, there already was a post about this. Sorry. :oops:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Am I correct in your post that you would like to be able to adjust particles over a certain time period - more or less particles at slower and faster speeds at different times?
For example: A volcano erupts.
In frame 10 the lava (a particle) is coming out fairly slowly and not much,
but at frame 65 the same lava particles are coming out of the volcano fast and furious with lots of globs of it. Something like that?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

That's just what I meant. At one frame the particle should have 100 particles, and a velocity of 3, and at an other frame it should have maybe 250 particles and a velocity of 2.

I can't see that I would be too hard to fix. It's numberic values, so they should be able to interpolate between. I hope we'll see this in a future update.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

The workaround I did for something like that was have multiple particles starting at different times in the timeline.
Particle 1 had the particles few and slow and would last for 20 frames,
then at frame 21 a new particle at higher rates would start and so on, switching back and forth depending on the strength of particles I wanted.

Somebody proobably has an even better way to do it.