3D minimal support app

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rogermate

3D minimal support app

Post by rogermate »

What app would people here recommend for "3D support" for AS. What I mean is, I'm not looking to create models, but would like to take 3D models that already exist and import them in AS.

I've heard that you might want to first light the models in a 3D app. Plus, there is the idea of taking humanoid models and posing them, then importing in something like AS.

The other aspect is converting. There are lots of free models in the Sketchup format. I know AS only imports .obj

My preliminary thoughts are DAZ3D - has a free version, Blender - hard to learn and perhaps overkill, Poser - is it easiest? But definitely costs real money.

Pros and Cons on these or any other apps are appreciated.
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

http://www.caligari.com/
Truespace is free, and maybe useful.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I've been looking to get back into 3D and while I'm going to download TrueSpace and NOT look a gift horse in the mouth - how is it free? It seems pretty feature rich, am I missing something?
~Danimal
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I don't really do 3D but I understand WINGS 3D, which I think is also free, works well with AS