releasing Anime Studio 6

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shisheli

releasing Anime Studio 6

Post by shisheli »

I am so angry with myself for trying this new program. I can't get my anime studio 5.6 files to work right. I have deleted anime studio 6. And even anime studio 5.6. and reinstalled 5.0 Updated it to 5.6 And none of files work right. All the hours I have put into my work.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

We are here to help! Don't panic! Take a deep breath.

When you say they "don't work right" can you be more specific? Can you give us details?

Reinstalling AS 5.6 should have returned things back to normal. Often on a Windows system if you don't uninstall an application correctly some things are left behind that can cause trouble. You would probably need to make sure that All versions of AS are completely uninstalled.

For AS 5 files "not working right" in AS 6.. there aren't many things that changed very much to cause that kind of problem. At most some fill effects have changed (spots and blotchy) but the files themselves would open and look the same.

I have opened files in AS 6 that were created with MOHO and they worked fine.

When you were using AS 5 and created the files did you use any custom layer scripts? There were changes to scripting in AS 6 that "broke" some scripts.

Also are you getting "lua console" errors when launching AS 6? This could be caused by AS 6 not being installed correctly. Some people have reported this.

Stay on the line here. I do not work for Smith Micro but will do whatever I can to help. You may also want to contact Smith Micro support. Give as many details as possible.

AS 6 absolutely will work with your old files.

-vern
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

I think that what shisheli means is that he/she opened the files of 5.6 into 6 and now they don't work in version 5.6. For me, this means that you saved the files in version 6 before closing the application... now they are 6.0 files. You cannot open files of a new version into a old one.