Editable velocity curves in Anime Studio 6?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heiseman

Editable velocity curves in Anime Studio 6?

Post by heiseman »

Haven't checked in for a while, but I noticed the new version of Anime Studio is out. One of the biggest requests for me and others was editable velocity curves like in After Effects and Flash. Or more accurate Ease in/Ease Out control. Just wondering if this request made it to Anime Studio 6?

An example of this feature being useful is if you were trying to animate a bouncing ball. Doing this in Anime Studio 5 was a pain because the ball would slow down before hitting the ground and then accelerate slowly again after leaving the ground. This is completely wrong and the only way around it was to create extra keyframes to correct it.

I will most likely upgrade to v6 if they have fixed this up. Anyone know?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Well, i dont have anime studio 6 but i have tried making bouncing balls in anime studio 5.6 before and i didnt have any trouble with it.
I think you can have more control of the timing with the keyframes, at least it works for me.
Look at this sample i made, its not perfect but i tried.
It was the first time i tried to make a bouncing ball, although at that time i was reading this books:
The Animator´s Survival Kit and Timing for animation. I think that helped me a lot :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlxXUgkGjP4
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Sadly not.
One of the reasons I'm holding off upgrading untill I really have to :(
dh216832

Post by dh216832 »

Check out this guys workflow:

http://animationmentor.com/webinar/repl ... flow1.html

He started in 2d and does mainly 3d now.

I really liked this guys approach. He blocks, overlaps and works really quickly - all with linear tweens. By the time he changes to curved tweens (really tangents at the keyframes) he doesn't need to do much more.

I think having the feature would be a time saver in some situations but after watching this guy last month I thought...jeez, I need a mentor!

Timing for Animation does have a lot of useful formulas and setups that are very easy to transfer to AS6.

dh

[edit: I had to reregister here back in June...no idea why]