Moho Studio

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NerdmastaX

Moho Studio

Post by NerdmastaX »

i think there should be a moho studio version that has more creation features, namely simple 3d. but also allowing users to create scenes and charachters and such and organize them in a moho library......this would save alot of time....a moho just for animation, and a moho just for drawing......Brilliant!!!!!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Interesting ideas, but for my 2cents I think Moho should stick to what it is doing.

By the way you can do 3D in Moho - it is 2D 3D.
Check out the very interesting work by sang820:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&start=0

And if you want you can import a 3D object into Moho.

If one needs to do it all in 3D, there are plenty of programs that already do that.

And as far as a moho library to "create scenes and charachters and such and organize them in a moho library"....heck you can already do that in Moho.
Just put your scenes and characters in a folder on your computer called "Library" and when you need something just import it. Need a Moho animated character or file? Import Moho Object.
LittleFenris

Re: Moho Studio

Post by LittleFenris »

NerdmastaX wrote:a moho just for animation, and a moho just for drawing......Brilliant!!!!!
Splitting up the program would only make it harder to do things. I like the way you can draw and set everything up in Frame 0 (the setup frame) then animate til your hearts content in the following frames.
cribble

Post by cribble »

I totally disagree. theTAB did this and i thought the layout was gash and found it hard to work in. Personally, I think the whole point of MoHo was to do all the work in a single environment with all the features i needed.
--Scott
cribble.net
Yooperville

On The Other Hand ...

Post by Yooperville »

I would be in favor of a separate "Frame Zero" drawing pop-up window if it was the only way LM could improve the Moho drawing experience, or if it made it easier for them to do that.

Quick Example:

Select a Vector/Image Layer. Trigger Frame Zero drawing mode. Up pops the window. On the left side is the tool bar. On the right side ... something like Styles. The window's background is actually a PNG snapshot/render that captured all the other visible Layers in your file. Draw. Selecting object shading on the right side causes those controls to appear on the right side. Now you can tweak the current object's shading, gradients, etc., on the right and see the results against the rest of your drawing in real-time. There's an eye-dropper function/tool. A palette block to add/remove colors to and from (bottom of window?). Enhanced gradient control. Etc. When you're done tweaking, close window and return to same main canvas we all know and love.

Of course, wild speculation LM would ever have to consider this approach. If they had to though, I wouldn't mind. I know it's a matter of personal style and/or what you're trying to do with Moho, but I would definitely like to see some drawing improvements soon, whatever form they take.

Best -- Greg.