Low Resolution Television - Offical Launch

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Low Resolution Television - Offical Launch

Post by heyvern »

Low Resolution Television

It's official folks! The new Low Resolution Television site is up and running. Currently it supports Paypal for memberships. I have the option for other payment processors but need to study them a bit more. Paypal for now seemed the best way to go.

If you have ANY trouble please send emails using the contact LRTV page on the site.

------------------------

This site will be changing over the next few weeks and months and beyond. I will be adding quite a few more tutorials in the next week or so and after that I plan to add new tutorials at least every week or more. I have so many ideas in my head, so many tips and tricks I want to share and now I have a way to do this in a logical organize manner.

I know that asking for paid membership can seem a bit tough during these economic times, but without that there is no way I could support this site. I plan to put a lot of time into this. For at least the near future this is my "job". ;)

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Congratulations, Vern. It will be fantastic have all Vern's AS knowledge organized in one site. I think that anybody who wants to be an advanced user of AS should subscribe to your page.
My best wishes.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Does this now mean that when someone needs help or a problem solved with anime studio, you will be holding yourself back from imparting your knowledge because it now has a price tag on it?

dont know if i feel like saying "well done for knowing your worth" or if i'm saddened by the profiteering nature of it all....

edit.....decision made.... well done!
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I understand what you're saying Dreeko13 but having subscribed I think it's very good value. I pay twice what Vern is charging for a 3 month subscription for one Chinese meal a week! It must take a lot of time to put together these tutorials so I'm very happy to support this venture and further my knowledge of the software. I can't answer for Vern of course but I'm sure he will still be actively advising and assisting on this forum as he always has :D
sfb

Post by sfb »

Old news ... I signed up hours ago :lol:

This is great Vern, I'm really looking forward to it.

The signup and login process went very smoothly. I like the organization of the site too - very professional.

Scott
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Don't worry. I won't "nickel and dime" everything. ;) I will have free stuff and plan to have extras for paid members down the road.

I will of course continue to be a part of the forum. The "paid" stuff will be LONG VIDEOS! Not the kind of thing I can type out here in 5 minutes. I love the forum and will always be here to answer questions or come up with cool ideas. The problem with "writing down" cool ideas... they can go over people's heads. A video works so much better I think.

Those tutorials can take up to 2 hours or more to produce depending on the length. Even the short 8 or 10 minute videos require:

Practicing
First "take"
Editing and rerecording
Reviewing

So if a video is 20 minutes long... it takes 20 minutes to record, 20 minutes to watch it, and whatever time it takes to edit... and then another watch just to be sure. Then there is the upload times. I don't have "Fios" so it takes up to a half hour to upload.

All in all I think it is a bargain considering the work involved. If I won the lottery I would do this for free... or... hire you guys to do it for free! ;)

-vern
14greg20

Post by 14greg20 »

Hey Vern-
nice! congrats getting this up and going. I like that your able to create value out of your knowledge of AS. I think this will be a very good thing for the community and I would encourage everyone to support it. You are helping to create a market for AS tutorials. I've done a few tutorials for various software and I can defiantly say it is a lot of work to create a nice well informed tutorial that can educate people. It's just not something you can pull out of your arse and you should charge for it! It takes work to make this stuff peoples!
Anyway I am certainly ready to subscribe but I am not quite sure what I'll be getting yet? I'd like to know what exactly I will be getting today if I plunk down the dough? I see the tutorials that you have there all ready and I've seen those. Is there a "Member's Only" zone with more tutorials somewhere?
14greg20
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Great to hear!

I didnt want it to seem as if i was having a go at you. Speaking as someone who has been taken advantage of artistically on several occasions for not knowing my worth I was hoping that you were not experiencing something similar and were now saying "right you lot you've had your fun but now here is where you start paying" (oh god i thing i just quoted fame!)

I also hope you were payed handsomely for your considerable part in this latest upgrade and not taken advantage of as a lost marble fanboy who would work for cudos alone.

all the best!
jwlane

Tutorial Request

Post by jwlane »

Vern,

I hope you get a lot of action out to the Tutorial Request. This would appear to be really cost effective for a startup crew with specific production/style concerns. Together with your scripting abilities, you surely are an ideal consultant.

Now that Smith Micro is buying some advertising for Anime Studio, the software won't be so invisible to blogs and magazines. I'm hoping to see a nice jump in interest. It would be interesting to see what other venders' editorial placement, in sorry, advertising budgets are.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

14greg20 wrote:Hey Vern-
nice! congrats getting this up and going. I like that your able to create value out of your knowledge of AS. I think this will be a very good thing for the community and I would encourage everyone to support it. You are helping to create a market for AS tutorials. I've done a few tutorials for various software and I can defiantly say it is a lot of work to create a nice well informed tutorial that can educate people. It's just not something you can pull out of your arse and you should charge for it! It takes work to make this stuff peoples!
Anyway I am certainly ready to subscribe but I am not quite sure what I'll be getting yet? I'd like to know what exactly I will be getting today if I plunk down the dough? I see the tutorials that you have there all ready and I've seen those. Is there a "Member's Only" zone with more tutorials somewhere?
14greg20
Thank you for the support and your issues about "what you get" are very important. I will be addressing that ASAP. Right now there are 4 tutorials not available in the free section:

Blend Morphs
Creating Compound Bone Constraints
Controlling Bone Chains
Layered Limb Parts

I need to add in a way to show the members only content to non members. I still have a lot of work to do.

By the end of the week the content is going to grow... probably by 200% :). I've been doing tutorials but just haven't finished editing the videos and getting them uploaded.

-vern
14greg20

Post by 14greg20 »

That's the stuff! Thanks vern
I know your a hard worker so I have high confidence you'll be busting out a crazy amount of tutorials. :-) Can't wait! BTW your voice is great for this stuff

thanks
14g
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Good on ya Vern. Legend. That's an awesome animated banner by the way
Last edited by Mikdog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Congratulations with your site Vern, it looks great, I've become a member at this moment and I'm very pleased with the tutorials you've come up with. :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Mikdog wrote:Good on ya Vern. Legend. That's an awesome animated banner by the way
WoooHooo! That was the first thing I did! I had to have that. I could have done it with flash much easier but went with CSS and a tiny bit of JS, so it's just HTML. I plan to link the banner "layers" to "random" images at some point so the characters change. I thought that banner idea really worked well with the concept of "layers" in Anime Studio.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

heyvern wrote:WoooHooo! That was the first thing I did! I had to have that. I could have done it with flash much easier but went with CSS and a tiny bit of JS, so it's just HTML. I plan to link the banner "layers" to "random" images at some point so the characters change. I thought that banner idea really worked well with the concept of "layers" in Anime Studio.
It's double fantastic being just html!
And the idea of aleatory characters is great, I love it, once you implement that I will be pressing F5 on your page all day.