believe in yourself and the possibilities are endless

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

smileypete

believe in yourself and the possibilities are endless

Post by smileypete »

don't let anyone tell you it cant be done,

i plan on making a feature film over the next few years, it may not be a blockbuster, but it will have heart...

now where did i put those voice actors?
tonym

Re: believe in yourself and the possibilities are endless

Post by tonym »

Mine won't be a blockbuster and it probably won't have heart, but it will have lots and lots of inbetweens that I didn't have to animate myself.
:)
madriver

Post by madriver »

smileypete wrote:don't let anyone tell you it cant be done,

i plan on making a feature film over the next few years, it may not be a blockbuster, but it will have heart...

now where did i put those voice actors?
Best of luck! :D

I've made live action features, but have fallen in love with animation. With programs like AS, it's a great time to be an animator...
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

Great attitude, smileypete. Be sure to show us when it's done!!

Mine won't be a blockbuster. Nor will it have heart. It will have crass humour, though. I like crass stuff. I even like the word crass. Just hearing it makes me giggle.
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
jackismyazz

Post by jackismyazz »

tonym wrote:Mine won't be a blockbuster and it probably won't have heart, but it will have lots and lots of inbetweens that I didn't have to animate myself.
:)
Mine too :lol:
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Gee, I'm working on a 126 page script, currently turning it into a shooting script. From what I have so far it going be a minute a page.

Saving my money for the artwork and voice actors. I suck at drawing, so I'm going to farm it out.

I'm going to be using raster images not vector.

Will it be a blockbuster? I don't know but I almost positive that I will make my money back. It's that good. It better be, I have been working on this on and off from 2003.

When will it be done? Man that's a good question.

Dale
smileypete

Post by smileypete »

Sweet, so we've all some projects on the go! It would be interesting to know how people are going along the way.

Where you getting your resources from and how they're shaping up. I plan on doing the majority myself, only cos im a bit of a control freak, and a slight perfectionist...

I'm not sure what some of you mean about not having to do the bits in between, or farming out some of the drawing etc? Where do you go for that? Or, where do you go for that at a reasonable price?
I've checked out some voice over sites online, but they're rather pricey...

I think im going to have to look locally for voices in my production...
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

For voice actors recently I used this site...
http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?
I can't remember where I found out about it. It might even have been on this forum!
You post a bit about your production, characters and a few lines of dialogue. You then wait for people to send in auditions. The ones I had were excellent and I had a hard time deciding who to use. They didn't ask for payment but I paid them anyway as I didn't like the idea of them doing it for nothing - especially when they were so good! :D
tonym

Post by tonym »

smileypete wrote:I'm not sure what some of you mean about not having to do the bits in between...
You know all the automatic animating that Anime Studio does for you? Like, for example, if you move a cloud from frame 1 to frame 200 via the Translate Layer tool, and then the cloud moves steadily across 200 frames?

Frames frames 2 through 199 would be the inbetweens. It's a technical term.

Now that you understand what "inbetweens" are, go and re-read my original post so you can appreciate how delightfully amusing it is. :wink:

Interesting tidbit: if you type "go and" really fast, sometimes you get "gonad."
smileypete

Post by smileypete »

aaah,

thanks for clearin it up tonym, and yep, i have a long smile at how much animation has changed.

thanks for the voice acting site amigaman, its exactly the kind of thing i'll be looking for.

awesome
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I'm not sure what some of you mean about not having to do the bits in between, or farming out some of the drawing etc? Where do you go for that? Or, where do you go for that at a reasonable price?
I've checked out some voice over sites online, but they're rather pricey...
Art, some possibility's along with other individuals on the web.

http://www.altiz-studio.com/
http://www.flamenode.com/node/

Voice acting

http://www.elenskids.com/default.asp
http://voice123.com/

I live in NY but will travel to NJ for legal reasons for the children voices.

Currently the biggest problem is money. 'sound familiar?'

I have only 2000 cash that I can spend right now, but I have 8.8 ounces of gold and 5 ounces of platinum that I can cash in if needed. I'm not starting until this time next year, and because of my life style and job I save about 1000 a month. So I have a budget of 20 to 25 grand max. And if need I can sell my vett.
If the film is real good I will flip for the conversion to 35 mm another 45 grand or more, mortgage on my house.

The current work plan is to finish the shooting script, where each shot is labeled. Once that is done the characters will be drawn. front, 45, 90, 135, and 180. Pulse others where they are sitting or laying down. Then the backgrounds.
On the first pass will be the layout of each shot, (story board). See what works what doesn't.
Next will be the animation of each shot.
Last will be the voices. Mouths in vector attached to the raster images.
Then editing, post sound, music etc.

What makes this doable is Anime Studio. I can rig so that 90% to 95% of the movie done with AS and the rest is Frame to Frame.

Dale