Anime Studio 6 Info

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Mohlar wrote:Quick query - with the release of v.7, have Smith Micro now removed v.6 from being downloadable as an upgrade from v5.6? The latest version doesn't appeal as I have no interest in moving towards the elements of 3d they seem to be developing.
All software developers do this. I tried to get CS4 but Adobe won't sell CS4 now that CS5 is out. You may still be able to buy CS4 from other sources besides Adobe who have it in stock. Companies want to sell the new version or sell upgrades. If you want AS 6 then look for it on eBay or other sources that might have it in stock.

I find it really odd how people hate the new 3D features in AS 7 so much it overshadows the same 2D features that are still there along with some great new ones. If you don't like the 3D stuff then don't use it. I find the 3D aspects interesting but probably won't use it that much, but I LOVE the 2D features.

-vern
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

heyvern wrote:I find it really odd how people hate the new 3D features in AS 7
Probably because they bought into ASP as a 2D application. Bit like starting a discussion between draught beer drinkers and real ale enthusiasts, then being shocked by the resulting chair-over-head bar room brawl.

The original 3D object provision pretty much went as far as most people wanted towards CGI interoperability. The inclusion of the new 3D extrusion and worst, Poser objects has shocked a lot of people, making them confused about what ASP is and where it's going: ASP 7 is a long way from the best Saturday Morning/mobile animation tool Moho started out to be.

The question on many people's lips is "Is ASP a 2D or a 3D tool". It can't be both and it will fail if it tries doing so.

Little wonder there is so much discussion over at the "other place".

Rhoel
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Going to add 3d then give me lights with colors, more than one camera, infinitive planes. Integration with Groboto, not some crap.

Dale
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I say get over it. I think the majority is pissed because more 2D features could have been added instead of time spent on the 3D. Anyway, if you don't like the 3D features, don't use them. It's still the same 2D software as it was in the Moho days, just more features.

I personally like the 3D features. And this is nothing new to Anime Studio/Moho. 3D features have always been there. Just look at "Landscape.moho". It has a 3D field and rotating box.

And don't get me wrong, I've had my own complaints. But I realized it wasn't good for the forum. If you want to complain, email Smith Micro. Enough emails will eventually solve the problem.

And don't take this personally. I know when this happens from time to time, everyone gets all hot and bothered. Just look at me now. I typing a frustrating post in hopes that this stops.

Off to enjoy the rest of my day. Cheers! ;)
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

J. Baker wrote:I think the majority is pissed because more 2D features could have been added instead of time spent on the 3D.
Hitting nail on head, agreed.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Rhoel wrote:
J. Baker wrote:I think the majority is pissed because more 2D features could have been added instead of time spent on the 3D.
Hitting nail on head, agreed.
My only complaint so to speak is getting bugs fixed. This is what I was trying to post on the beta forum. And Mike did fix the scale entire document bug which has been around since Moho. And I have posted others in hopes to getting bugs fixed before releasing another major version. Because if you don't upgrade, your stuck. That's not to say I didn't post my own feature request. Some that I've been asking for years now. But there's not a lot I can do there.

On the flipside, there has been some really nice features added since Moho 5. But I wouldn't hesitate using Moho 5 if that's all I had. It's an awesome program.

But all-in-all, I would like to see the forum calm down and just be a friendly place again. ;)
dragon silk

new bells new whistles but...

Post by dragon silk »

Still a crank to get where I want to be with this version (been on it since I bought my first ASD5...) and gone through three iterations now. But still the same nuance bugs.
Vern,
I am not going to read through the 11 pages to find out = did you ever get a script out for the shading bug... I am trying to do a lot in one bite lately, and I haven't been checking in regularly... will check back more often from now on.
I think 6.0 is as far as I am going with AS. SmithMicro is not really as careful about catching the bugs... kinda like the OS I am using at present.
But not to be totally negative, I appreciate each and every one of you who has taken the time to write new scripts, to give advice and lessons... I mean this is not an easy thing to get going properly. But it is a good app. for websites and video cartoon inserts for intra-nets and such! I will stick to other apps for the animation projects over 5 minutes duration...
Cheer up gang and keep at it!
Who knows there may be a seriously solid app yet around the bend.
The world should be glad I'M NOT KING!
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

heyvern wrote: I find it really odd how people hate the new 3D features in AS 7 so much it overshadows the same 2D features that are still there along with some great new ones. If you don't like the 3D stuff then don't use it. I find the 3D aspects interesting but probably won't use it that much, but I LOVE the 2D features.
-vern
I can't use 7 yet because of the switch layers bug. This is going to screw a lot of users now 6 isn't available and there's no bug fix or even a clear idea of when it'll be fixed. I use switch interpolation heavily, and now I have a $150 upgrade I can't use because of a bug in a previously working feature.

TBH as well I would have much preferred things like better motion blur over 3d modeling when there are packages out there for free which do that much better. Make Anime Studio better at what those other packages can't do IMHO before trying to put in something which is much easier elsewhere. This also includes the drawing tools, which were much improved by Fazek 2 versions ago, but whose improvements still haven't made their way to the standard tools, and have even been harmed by the space bar change in 6.
Oh and the Raise Shape and Lower Shape tools are now in the menu, and the flip layer tools are now in the layer tool, with no hot keys, making them a pain in the bum to use. This came in 6 but is just the same in 7.

It's this sort of thing that makes me wonder if they want to make it easier for us to use AS, or just add feature bullet points.

The new dynamics are awesome, but all these other problems are souring me on the fun I used to have with AS.
markjay50

Post by markjay50 »

HI..GUYZ !!!
Dodgy..I think the majority is pissed because of the 3D movie!!
thanks in advance..!!!
have a nice day!!

best regardzzz..... :wink:

make money online
ineedhelp

serial number

Post by ineedhelp »

I purchased anime studios debut 6 from Best Buy. Ofcourse it is asking me to add the serial number. I just can't find it! Am i suppose to purchase the serial number seperatly, or where can I find the serial number? In the Quickstart Guide i found a line on the front page and under that line it reads "Please write your Anime Studio Debut serial number here." I am so confused! PLEASE, I need help!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Its on the sleeve the disc is in. If you bought it there should be 2 disc in the box, one for windows and one for mac. In my case the SN was on the MAC disc sleeve.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu