Why don't very skilled anime pro users make a feature flim

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Well I guess jackass turned it into a series. Go Jackass, go. Go jackass, go. Go jackass, go. (Jackass isn't such a great handle but as you wish.) Go jackass, go!

Also, netheryramsey, you're pretty ambitious, and you do what you say you're going to do. Props, man. Good luck with the feature buddy.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

InfoCentral wrote:Well everyone needs a hobby to keep them off the streets but I wouldn't quit my day job.
*yawn*
~Danimal
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

It's difficult enough making an animated short - very very few people even finish those so to contemplate a feature is brave and to actually complete one deserves great praise and admiration. The thing is Nethery-Ramsey productions will complete theirs, I'm confident of that based on their past performance. Their stuff is great! Jackass may complete his series, or at least get the first episode done. I hope so, just so he can say "I told you so" to the doubters :D
When I was a kid I was told I wouldn't finish my first short film and maybe that was exactly the motivation I needed? Jackass, I can tell you, to be able to prove people wrong is a good feeling :D
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

It's difficult enough making an animated short - very very few people even finish those so to contemplate a feature is brave and to actually complete one deserves great praise and admiration. The thing is Nethery-Ramsey productions will complete theirs, I'm confident of that based on their past performance. Their stuff is great!
Thanks so much for the support! The other guys at N-R and I really appreciate it.
When I was a kid I was told I wouldn't finish my first short film and maybe that was exactly the motivation I needed? Jackass, I can tell you, to be able to prove people wrong is a good feeling :D
Indeed. Nay-sayers are always great motivation. Proving the "you can't do it" people dead wrong makes the whole experience all the more satisfying.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

spoooze! wrote:Indeed. Nay-sayers are always great motivation. Proving the "you can't do it" people dead wrong makes the whole experience all the more satisfying.
While this is true, it's also important to remember that some naysayers matter so little that proving them wrong is almost an afterthought.

Looking forward to your feature, spooooze!
~Danimal
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yeah, and its even more satisfying if you can break even. I myself love watching FREE stuff. You go guys!
littlethink

Post by littlethink »

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Looks amazing! Keep up the excellent work.
~Danimal
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I'm impressed! Very nice work.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Danimal wrote:
spoooze! wrote:Indeed. Nay-sayers are always great motivation. Proving the "you can't do it" people dead wrong makes the whole experience all the more satisfying.
While this is true, it's also important to remember that some naysayers matter so little that proving them wrong is almost an afterthought.

Looking forward to your feature, spooooze!
Very true. Not that there are a ton of naysayers on this feature. People who know my work know that I actually do what I say I will do.
Yeah, and its even more satisfying if you can break even. I myself love watching FREE stuff. You go guys!
Making money off of this would be great. And I plan to try. However, I do what I do because it's what I love and because animation is my passion... not because I want to make big bucks.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Making money off of this would be great. And I plan to try. However, I do what I do because it's what I love and because animation is my passion... not because I want to make big bucks.
Spoooze, every animator I know got into animation full of the same passion as you and most, to some extent, have retained that attitude. Animation isn't something you decide to do just for money.

You will definitely "break even" even if you don't make any financial return at all. Apart from developing your skills and gaining a huge amount of experience in your chosen craft just imagine how much more seriously you will be taken if, in the future, you do decide to approach investors for funding etc! :D You've done series and a feature film! :D Wow!!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Keep the FREE stuff coming guys!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that production on my feature is doing great. We're about 10 minutes in and still rolling!

I'll post more clips soon. Just FYI, for anyone who's interested, we're going to be doing a production diary on our blog each week telling you how the feature is going. Keep checking back there for updates!
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

i am actually using as 6 debut to try and do a feature film as part of a trilogy i am working on. i am in the process of making my own characters and stuff.

if you want to hear more i created a youtube channel for the project. the account is called "storyteller official"

i am set to begin recording for the animated part 3 (first part in novel the 2nd is a stage musical) next tuesday

btw i am 15

if u want to see my non storyteller stuff the link is
www.youtube.com/sebwproductions
Last edited by swrecordings on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Fantastic - keep us posted!
~Danimal