Fazek's tools -- and description

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arfa

Fazek's tools -- and description

Post by arfa »

I have been working through each of Fazek's tools, reading his description for each and then seeing what it does, and then getting a sense of what each one offers over and above the standard tool. They are a brilliant addition. As I worked I presumed to rewrite his description. I am a bit like that French philosopher who said something like: "I document therefore I learn." Des Cart, right? Hoss's brother?

Anyhow, part of my thought was in relation to the cheet-sheet I put together; I would like to include a section on 'Other' tools. So, looking for both accuracy and diplomacy I include my revision below and would appreciate any comments before I add it to the cheet-sheet.

Click a shape to select its surrounding points.
Clicking toggles point select/deselect.
You can both group and (ctrl) lasso select, even for bones.

For additional features read each tool's details below.

ADD POINT A line is drawn from any selected point to the new point. If several points are selected, the new point connects curves to all of these points. The tool can be used independently to select points.

BIND POINTS Select multiple points and the bone to bind.

CREATE SHAPE Click inside a closed area to select the points of the closest surrounding curve. More 'intuitive' than LM std. create-shape

CURVATURE The tool selects points then, if you click on a selected point, you can modify only that point. The curvature can be set numerically, and there are Peak & Smooth buttons.

FREEHAND It has an additional freehand-option: fixed line width. Press the SPACE key at the end of your stroke to remove intermediary points- ie. a straightline.

MAGNET The magnet works only on selected points. Symmetrical shapes can be mirrored from: central point, axial, selected points. Clicking on a line will add a point.

PAINT BUCKET Even if the shape is complex, with loops on or within the outline, it correctly selects the shape you click.

POLYGON It draws regular polygons and stars. Unlinke the installed AS script it offers both points and 'star factor' combinations. You also draw to the location and size you require.

REPARENT BONE Click and drag child-parent determination, or set as non-relational. A crosshair indicates which bone is targeted. Messages (window top) indicate why you can't select. Reverse bone direction using the spacebar.

REPLACE LINE No LM counterpart. It relocates the selected points along a freehand mouse stroke. It will translate an individual point.

ROTATE POINTS Shift the rotation center. Use the center of gravity of the selection. Translate and scale the points with modifier keys. Rotate by a specified angle number. It works even for bones.

SCALE POINTS Translate selected points with the central handle. The ALT key rotates together with scaling.

SELECT POINTS To select points, shapes, bones. Notice the plural! We can select more than one shape or bone.

TRANSLATE POINTS Translate by a specified distance, although it is not clear what the units are. [1/4 X screen = 0.6666 1/4 Y = 0.5] It also works for bones. The standard LM_translation works on X/Y coordinates [0/0 as center but bottom-left: -1.3333/-1 to top-right 1.3333/1].

whew - arfa