Registration

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

elissa57

Registration

Post by elissa57 »

Hi there, I am trying to help my son learn how to use Anime. I'd like to be able to work on this when I have some "downtime", so I'd like to load it onto his comp and my comp. Is this legal? I know that with my music software, I am allowed to register up to 2 computers for each purchased package.

I looked for a number to call, but didn't find one. Also, the serial number does not seem to be working for the registration......any ideas about this?

thanks
Elissa
elissa57@optonline.net
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Make sure you are entering the number in correctly -- zeros and "o"s often get mixed up and is usually the problem (when in doubt try it both ways).

I don't know about the other issue -- I've wondered this myself. As a rule with the software I've bought for company purchases even when installing it on more than one machine the license was for one use at a time, so it wasn't allowed except say on a laptop and the same person's desktop (with the expectation he would then not be using both at the same time). In the scenerio you discuss it's unlikely it would be legal.

However -- since you can get the non-Pro version of AS for as little as free (or at the most $20) right now (see the Content Paradise site for this offer -- may be time limited) there's no reason why you couldn't have this version running on one of your machines even if you have the Pro version on the other (and if you ONLY have the non-Pro version then you can't beat the price to have two copies of it).
Genete

Post by Genete »

Under readme folder there is a License.txt which says:
The copyright restrictions of this EULA extend to any further updates, software patches, or bug fixes made available to you by SmithMicro, whether distributed on floppy disk, compact disk, or in an electronic format via download, BBS, forum, ftp, e-mail, etc. You may use one copy of Anime Studio 5 on a single computer at a time. To "use" the Software means that the Software is either loaded in the temporary memory (i.e., RAM) of a computer, or installed on the permanent memory of a computer (i.e., hard disk, compact disk, etc.).
Also there is a contact phone and fax at the bottom.
-G
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

You may use one copy of Anime Studio 5 on a single computer at a time.
So if it's not being used on both machines at the same time, its legal... :)
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

funksmaname wrote: So if it's not being used on both machines at the same time, its legal... :)
Well, then you'll have to unistall it from first machine to use on second and then uninstall from that when switching back...
To "use" the Software means that the Software is either loaded in the temporary memory (i.e., RAM) of a computer, or installed on the permanent memory of a computer (i.e., hard disk, compact disk, etc.).
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

ah yeah, i didnt read that bit :P