Does anyone need a writer?

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

dont talk to me
if your not interested
Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

Please someone that is interested and needs help, look at my work back on the previous page.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

what use is a story for an animator?
Even if there is no dialogue, an animator still needs a script! if anyone is that desperate for a random synopsis, then there are a million and one 'random story generators' online... I think the chances of someone 'needing help' and willing to pay for it from an inexperienced 'writer' who has difficulty stringing whole sentances together are slim to none.

stop posting, keep writing, and come back in 3 years and see how silly this whole thread is!
Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

i just need to earn some extra money!!
and i thought this would be a good way to do it
you got any other suggestions?!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Luke, you haven't listened to anything anyone is saying. You don't listen which if you want to work as a professional writer YOU MUST LEARN TO LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE and take there criticism and advice.

You haven't acknowledged one single thing anyone has said here. You have this "fantasy" of being a great writer and selling.... uh... whatever it is you're selling (paragraphs?) at 14 years old. It isn't going to happen.

I hate to burst your bubble but you aren't going to sell any scripts or stories or anything to anyone while you are 14. You need to AT A MINIMUM finish high school, then go to college and major in writing. Take some screen writing courses. If you are good enough you could win a scholarship.

You want to make extra money, get a part time job. I don't know if it is legal for a 14 year old to get a job... but maybe you can find something to do, stack boxes, make deliveries... I have no idea. At your age you won't make money writing. Trust me. This is a dream RIGHT NOW... but in the future that could change.

--------

As for who you really are, a name means nothing. Your word means nothing. As far as I or anyone can know or prove you made this whole story up. There are no true identities on the web. Attitude and behavior will be the filter as to who you really are and how we respond to you. Are you a naive 14 year old who wants to be a writer or someone trying to get a rise out of people?

I wrote a heartfelt apology, gave you some sound advice and you have ignored it TOTALLY. That means you don't respect me... or anyone else here trying to help you.

-vern
Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

no
i dont respect any of you
because your not helping!! ><
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Luked90 wrote:no
i dont respect any of you
because your not helping!! ><
Good luck on job interviews. Good luck being a writer. You have to lose some of that attitude to make it. You have to learn to take the good with the bad.

I know this from experience... you have a stuck up attitude like that and you get fired. No one cares how good YOU think you are. It won't matter how good you really are as a writer. They will need to like you as well. You tick people off or act like you have a chip on your shoulder you won't go anywhere.

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Luke90 , now you are being a brat, there's been a few smart remarks at your expense... so what? You've also had a lot of helpful suggestions.
When I was your age I did a paper round before school at 5:00 in the morning for $8.00 dollars a week.
A year or 2 after that I worked at maccas....
This is what people do at your age, that's the truth dude.
You don't become a writer to earn money, you become a writer to BE a writer, if you earn money then then you can ditch your day job.
Sorry you can't be more objective... look that up , it's in the dictionary.:|

Seeya.
dm

Post by dm »

You didn't answer my questions. go back and read them, if you have any intentions...

Out of curiosity, how much do you need, and how soon (and for what)?
Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

theres no point answering those questions
i cant do this anyway
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Luke - please have also a look at this other thread you started: viewtopic.php?t=12417
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i hereby renounce my appology. lol

Vern, this is likely to go around in circles - he's had all the advice he should need for the next 10 years - you may as well lock all his threads :P
Luked90

Post by Luked90 »

Yeh wat about my other thread??A
and umm NO u dont lock my threads
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

lol ffs
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I was going to post something constructive on this but I'm laughing too hard.

Luke, writing animation is a highly skilled job and you need to have a clear insight on how animation works, how scenes are broken into shots etc. Indeed, the actual format of the script is totally different from live action. The only way to get good/get work is to sit down and write an animated film, bring it in 30 seconds to the page, and keep it pacey.

I have/still write animation professionally - though I have been writing since the 1980's, I only started writing animation in 2000, twenty years after starting as a Rostrum Cameraman. I work with other writer in co-op groups, passing scripts around for consideration, suggestions, critic: Not every writer can write animation, not every animation scriptwriter can write live action. Writing to length and holding the story together is hard, really hard. I still find it scary - how do you add one minute 20 of content to a 'finished' story without breaking the pace.

Remember too selling animation is one of the hardest things to do - it's a very competitive market and money (even before the financial crisis) is tight. Pre-school animation is the easiest to market, teen/adult the hardest. Westerners selling to the Japanese anime production houses is very rare - they have too many good people writing already.

If you are serious about this as a career, write two or three 5-10 minuters, make them cracking, and send them around the UK studios: If you are good, you might get some freelance work. You might even get an offer of a production junior at a studio.

One of the best bits of advice re writing was: If you want to make money writing, write novels. Then you only have to convince the publisher/editor. With novels, no-one messes with your story and what is published is yours: Never happens in features or other film media - they are all collaborative output and what you write will be changed.

Who knows, you might be the next Michael Crichton.

Best of luck.

Rhoel