Anime studio has changed my life!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Did anime studio change your life as well?

Yes!
100%
No!
No votes

Total votes: 16
ericii

Anime studio has changed my life!

Post by ericii »

Ever since I upgraded to anime pro I see everything in the world in a whole new way!!!

Like every time I see grass I dont just see grass but I see oppertunitys for animations and I now think and see everything differant!

Who else has this same fealing thing about the world now?

Trees I see depth I think in a way that i never have!!! :D :shock:
Hey, check out my awesome website for tons of free stuff!
http://cfpmedia.com
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Very few computer applications in my life have inspired true devotion and have had a profound impact on me. It is difficult to find an application that can have that kind of effect. Something powerful enough to make you say "it changed my life".

There are only two programs ever, that have inspired true joy and inspiration in the creative process....

Animation:Master

and...

Anime Studio (Moho)
(In my head and heart it will always be called "Moho")

I still find it very... poetic... that both programs I can say actually "changed my life" have nearly the same initials... and it gets confusing for me sometimes...

AM and AS.

(I've caught myself twice posting in the wrong forum about the wrong software... phew... close call.)

It is an odd thing... Photoshop should be on that list of mine... but it isn't. Photoshop is still "just a program" and yet I've used it since version 2.0 and use it more than nearly anything else. It just doesn't "get me" like AM and AS do.

p.s. If I could get Anime Studio to make coffee for me in the morning and take out the trash I would marry it. Our children might come across as two dimensional but they would be very animated. ;)

p.s.s. Sorry about the previous post script. I have absolutely no idea how to get that image out of your heads... if you come up with something let me know... please.

-vern
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

For me it's not the program that has changed my life, but this community. The community comes with the program, so, I guess you might claim that, in aggregate, the program has changed my life, because without it, I wouldn't be active in this community of creative individuals.

I guess the same applies to the A:M community, but I don't use that program.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Good point Rasheed! I think you are right. The A:M community is very much like this one. It has the same atmosphere of.... well... community. :)

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Anime Studio is always open in my pc. because of AS I'm working in what I really like (and when I'm not working, I'm animating my own stuff :D)
I have always seen that animating in AS is like to have superpowers. And yes, my life changed when I got them.
I hate several software: photoshop, flash, freehand... etc. these software are simply created without love, I can feel it (because I have superpowers).

for me, Sai paint tool and AS are the two softwares with which I couldn't live. Moho was around 10 mb and Sai 2 mb, who needs more!
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Good thread.

I have worked on computer animation for over 20 years now and while I have done some work that made a lot of money it wasn't until I got AS that I finally was able to do a regular half-hour situation comedy series.

My work up until that time had been with 3D and it always took WAY too long to generate anything useful. So doing anything longer than a few minutes was just out of the question. Now as a one man shop I've done six half-hour episodes in three months and can't believe how productive I am. So, yes, it changed my (animation) life.

While a certain part of this productivity is related to 2D versus 3D (there are at least three significant differences in production between the two and all of them result in a quicker process, not to mention the actual render time, which is vastly reduced) a lot is due to how easy it is to work in AS. I've had Toon Boom Studio for years and was never able to accomplish anything in it. It only took a month of working with AS to realize it was the program for me.

When my main computer needed reformatting I didn't even put any of my 3D programs back on it -- that's how much AS has changed my world.
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

heyvern wrote:Very few computer applications in my life have inspired true devotion and have had a profound impact on me. It is difficult to find an application that can have that kind of effect. Something powerful enough to make you say "it changed my life".

There are only two programs ever, that have inspired true joy and inspiration in the creative process....

Animation:Master

and...

Anime Studio (Moho)
(In my head and heart it will always be called "Moho")

I still find it very... poetic... that both programs I can say actually "changed my life" have nearly the same initials... and it gets confusing for me sometimes...

AM and AS.
I agree with you 100%.
Animation Master and Anime Studio Pro have also changed my life.
They've opened up a world that would have been out of my reach without having to break the bank.

They are the best apps anywhere.
ericii

Post by ericii »

Well, maby not completely changed my life... But my view on things in my life... I love anime studio! I want to be an animater or coder when I get a job.. :-)
Hey, check out my awesome website for tons of free stuff!
http://cfpmedia.com