Rigger-animator wanted

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

human

Rigger-animator wanted

Post by human »

I am considering hiring an Anime Studio rigger and animator for my purely personal project.

I have a budget in mind and I am trying to find out how far we could get with it.

The assignment is to actually animate two characters for two scenes (gaslight and dawn) using the same set (Fred's apartment).

I estimate the cumulative run time for these shots will be between 20 seconds to 1 minute—obviously I haven't yet broken it down with a real storyboard. So I will need some help finalizing the finest details. I should actually be prepared to pay a little something for finalizing this part of the script.

The shots I am referring to need to be high-quality views of the characters. To some extent, we can probably use the standard views: front, rear, three-quarter, side. However, we may also have to animate from reference poses which involve more complex camera angles. Fortunately, this is mostly about subtle body language and expressions which I think ought to make the animation more feasible, if the models are sound. I think there are only two demanding movement shots.

The goal is to create some high-quality animation with subtle acting. The film does not involve any lip-synch.

These shots would later be intercut with any number of visual shortcuts which would be far less demanding—(silhouettes, scene views, static character views, and so on).

I would fully support your AS work with:

- comprehensive model sheets in high-res bitmap form for tracing (they haven't been produced)
- this would include several angles for head turns and also emotive expressions (still to do)
- a costume change for Fred
- all models color-keyed to both gaslight and dawn
- I would also provide many suggested poses derived from photo references
- animated-GIF roughs of the required animations whenever I can produce them

The goal is obviously to spend the money wisely on rigging and animating jobs I can't do. So I would hope to generate a solid foundation for your vector animation whenever possible. Also, if you can improve on my character models, you would be welcome to do so.

The work would begin when I've completed the model sheets. I'm not sure when that will be, perhaps a month or two.

There would be no rush for the completion of your animation work as long we make reasonable progress.

This request is only to determine the feasibility of my budget.

Please respond only by private message. I will be glad to answer any questions, including the budget.

It will be helpful for me to see your prior work with rigged characters.