Our new scene - win the race

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

amanandink

Our new scene - win the race

Post by amanandink »

Hey All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toAk1ggwxso

Here is a looping clip of one of the scenes from a TV series Trailer we are working on. I thought I would post it to show the different stages in the process all in one scene.

Most of the characters are in the key animation stage, with the turtle animated in Anime Studio with his shell a line version and his skin textured. The skin works really well and is easily achievable in Anime Studio, hence the reason we are going with it, but as the case with alot of computer generated animation its just too clean and the best description of this I have heard is from a Japanese 3D animator, "the computer animation will never be as perfect as hand drawn", kinda sums it up really, but its a trade off, time, money and texture animation for not hand drawn. I miss the pencil though.

Incidentally this entire scene was made in digitally, from storyboard image all the way through. Oh and in 2 different countries - (another reason for the digital process).

Enjoy
J
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Terrific! I agree with you about hand drawn, too. When I was animating in the eighties, and we drew almost everything by hand, I couldn't wait for computers to mature and open up new ways of doing things. The older I get and the more animation I see, the more I really appreciate drawings again.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I loved the clip! But I disagree with that Japanese 3d animator. Better said that computer animation and hand drawn may never be as perfect as each other, but I'd say your textured turtle animation already defies the words "computer animation" and "never."
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Hand drawn or otherwise, that is some top notch animation!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

Fantastic piece of work. . especially i just loved the style of Turtle walk .. so impressive.. :D Keep up the good work brother .. :D
knunk

Post by knunk »

Nice to see how Wolfie is developing. The scene is animated by Alessandra Sorrentino. The wolf and hare were animated by her boyfriend Alfredo. Both are extremely talented.

Jez
knunk

Post by knunk »

...also meant to say all the (initial) animation was drawn in Flash.