Reproducible Crash Bug on rendering entire scene ASP 5.6

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

BTW Mac OS X 10.5.2 was a major update, which introduced a lot of problems with many users of Mac OS X, both in hardware and software. There also seems to be a difference between using Software Update (incremental update) and downloading the combo-updater from Apple's website in some machines. In some older machines, the PR-RAM had to be reset to even get a startup chime. Some users experienced problems with their peripherals, and had to re-install 10.5.2 with all peripherals (except mouse and keyboard) disconnected.
steam_bucky

Post by steam_bucky »

Lost Marble wrote:
Right now I'm trying to pin the problem down in the debugger, and hopefully I'll have a solution soon.

-Mike
Thats great news - good hunting!
kirkmona

Post by kirkmona »

Thanks Mike,

Great to hear. Good luck, I hope you can figure it out. I know these things can be tricky.

~Kirk
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

OK, I've got an update...

I've uploaded some new application files that I believe fix the export crashing bug on the Mac. This is NOT an "official" release. I'd first like to get confirmation from users who have experienced the crash to see if it fixes the problem. So if you have had an export crash on Mac, please try one of these files and let me know how it goes. You can download them here:

Anime Studio:
http://www.lostmarble.com/downloads/AS_ ... bugfix.zip

Anime Studio Pro:
http://www.lostmarble.com/downloads/ASP ... bugfix.zip

These are only for Mac (no export crash on Windows), and are not full installers. If you unzip the package, you'll see just the main application file. Simply replace the existing "Anime Studio.app" or "Anime Studio Pro.app" file in the application folder.

Again, please let me know if export works properly for you after installing the new app file.

Thanks,

-Mike

P.S.
As a bonus, exports may be a little bit faster. Plus, I've added a little bit of sharpening to image layers. If you were following the thread about the sharpness of image layers, feel free to try that out with this build as well.
steam_bucky

Post by steam_bucky »

Lost Marble wrote: - please let me know if export works properly for you after installing the new app file.
Hello Mike,

That definitely fixes my problem - Many thanks! Anyone else?

Kind Regards,
Steam Bucky.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Fixed it for me as well. I tried twice the old version (both times ASPro crashed on export) and twice the bug fixed version (both times ASPro did a successful export).
mars714

Post by mars714 »

Lost Marble wrote:
Again, please let me know if export works properly for you after installing the new app file.
i'm sorry, it did not work... i tried 2 times... i'm also discussing this on my form.

viewtopic.php?t=11015

... it ONLY happens in swf, quicktime works fine... i'll give a link to the zip later, right now i'm downloading the stuffit engine so i can turn it to zip...
steam_bucky

Post by steam_bucky »

i'm sorry, it did not work... i tried 2 times... i'm also discussing this on my form.

viewtopic.php?t=11015

... it ONLY happens in swf, quicktime works fine... i'll give a link to the zip later, right now i'm downloading the stuffit engine so i can turn it to zip...
I exported to SWF with no crashes using the new bug fix. What Mac OS are using at the moment? I am on 10.5.2 on a intel mac.
mars714

Post by mars714 »

i am using Mac 10.4.11, Intel.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The SWF export sounds like a different issue, and may be related to something in the file itself. If you can, please send your .anme file to support@lostmarble.com so I can try exporting it myself.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Export doesn't crash on my machine (G5 quad core OSX 10.4.11. Quicktime 7.4.5)

Renders incredibly fast too. Cool.

One weird thing though. When exporting as QT with H264 codec, keyframes enabled, the resulting quicktime only shows the first frame. I haven't tried it with every codec out here, but it doesn't happen with Animation codec.
mars714

Post by mars714 »

Lost Marble wrote:The SWF export sounds like a different issue, and may be related to something in the file itself. If you can, please send your .anme file to support@lostmarble.com so I can try exporting it myself.
http://mars714.deviantart.com/art/download-if-82555009

to download but someone else told me how to fix it after downloading it thanks.
montblankdesign

crashing fixed - get this up on SmithMicro and save people

Post by montblankdesign »

I have had many problems with crashes or render cycles with no result.
This new app file saved me! I have been saved halleluleh!

Hooray!
I love this program, I would like to train other mac users on it. Keep the updates coming.

osx 10.5.2
INTEL core duo IMAC 24" 2g ram L2 4mb
geforce 7600GTNividia 256vram
I do cartoons and make music. I like to make music because John K is not likely to tell me I am doing it wrong.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

It used to be this way when the application was still called Moho. For some reason Lost Marble has lost momentum in the updates and bug fixes. I'm glad the momentum seems to be back.
montblankdesign

crashes in Export

Post by montblankdesign »

Hooray!
I am even more excited. The rendering is much faster for me. Now it is running like a genius. I render without a care, and multitask to my hearts content.
All bow to the great wizard who has made the world whole.
And thanks to the users who keep this group together.
You know who you are.
I do cartoons and make music. I like to make music because John K is not likely to tell me I am doing it wrong.