Animated tv series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bluemonk

Animated tv series

Post by bluemonk »

Ive been working as director of animation on a swedish animated tv series called "Myggan" running 10 episodes at 23 min each.

All Character animation is made in Anime Sudio Pro and backgrounds in cellshaded 3d in Maya.

I thought it might be interesting to share some of the material.

Here is the intro for the show:
http://www.splinterarts.com/myggan.html

You can watch hole episodes at http://kanal5.se/web/guest/myggan
but they are all in Swedish.

/oskar
www.splinterarts.com
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Wow. I like it. OK, it's mostly dialogue-driven, but the production is flawless. Characters fit into the backgrounds, the colour styling is excellent, there's not only good voicework but also carefully treated background noise.

Would you mind to tell us some more technical details?
- Did you use a separate program for compositing?
- Did you use automated lipsync with papagayo?
- How did you build the crowd scenes, did you use Flash anywhere?

And I'd like to know about the budget, how many people were involved, and how much were they payed ... but I guess you'd like to keep that to email, or don't tell at all ...
shoepie

Post by shoepie »

That looks great! Thanks for sharing, it's very inspiring to see work of that quality done in A.S. It means I'm in the right place :)
ShoePie.co.uk - My animations.
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Very well done overall. I particularly liked the race car sequence.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Ashe Raven

Post by Ashe Raven »

testing
fugdabug

Re: Animated tv series

Post by fugdabug »

All Character animation is made in Anime Sudio Pro and backgrounds in cellshaded 3d in Maya.

Oskar,
I have a question, what 'level' of Maya, 'Complete' or 'Unlimited'? For some time now I have thought it would be possible to produce good 3d with AnimeStudio, but I now think Maya is a level that just surpasses all else for 3d. Along with something like AfterEffects for compositing or even another Autodesk product: Combustion, the possibilities are pretty much limitless. You have very much proven the worthiness of AnimeStudio, so I guess now it is deciding which I should go for of the two levels of Maya. Price is pretty much not the factor it is knowing what level you folks use?
Could you please elaborate.
_P.S. how long did it take to produce each 23 min. segment, in real time and person hours? I am after all at present looking at a one person studio, unless something changes in the near future.
Thank you.
"'member boys and girls,...mr. Grenade is our friend and will protect us! BUT when we pull the pin on mr. Grenade, we want him over there with our enemies far awaaaay from us,.. because he isn't our friend any more!!!" -sum flung dung the wise.
bluemonk

Post by bluemonk »

fugdabug

Post by fugdabug »

one flew over the cuckoos nest... ohh yeah...
"'member boys and girls,...mr. Grenade is our friend and will protect us! BUT when we pull the pin on mr. Grenade, we want him over there with our enemies far awaaaay from us,.. because he isn't our friend any more!!!" -sum flung dung the wise.
vertigoflow

Post by vertigoflow »

Wow,

That looks amazing. Makes me wish I knew Swedish.

Great job.