Problem with Fazek's create shape tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Problem with Fazek's create shape tool

Post by synthsin75 »

Does anyone else have this problem? If I try to flood select an overlapping shape using Fazek's create shape tool ASP lags or crashes. I thought the flood select options were suppose to keep this from happenning.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I can't make this happen. Con you show a screen grab of the type of shape or possibly the actual file?

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?9gi9jt1go1x
Here's the file. If you try to flood select the nose with Fazek's create shape tool, ASP hangs for quite awhile before it finally does the selection. It'll sometimes do this on the cheek as well. Do this enough, and it'll crash ASP.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I use fazek's create shape tool using the lasso select and I'm not having problems. See the sample.

What you should avoid is to make a simple click in the canvas. It tries to figure what closed shape are you trying to select by picking in the middle. If the mesh is too complex it hangs or crash. The flood-select options seems to help that but I don't find a good number beyond the default one (200).

So be careful using this one. Save frequently. :wink:

BTW good drawings :D

-G
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

What you should avoid is to make a simple click in the canvas.
Yeah, after having this trouble I quit doing that. It seems I found the limitation to the flood select.
BTW good drawings
Thanks.