Create Shape tool malfunctioning on iMac

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nanticokerailroad

Create Shape tool malfunctioning on iMac

Post by nanticokerailroad »

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. First, running and iMac G5 with Leopard (should not be the issue with this bug, hmm) After adding a few vector layers 3 or 4 in a simple project I started working on a layer making a tree similar to the one in the tutuorial. When I go to use the create shape tool on the leaves portion and include all the points in the shape, then hitting the space bar the shape is not created like it normally does. Don't get the initial red lattice or change after space bar. It won't allow me to add color by gradient or any other means when I check with render. When i opened a new project and drew the tree on the first layer almost identical to the multi layered project it worked fine. Not sure what's going on, but it seems to be something with the layers, not sure. Some other background objects i created in another layer also didn't want to change to the appropriate color during the render check. At first they became the color of an object in a layer overlapping them ( in front of the object ). Thanks Mike.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Is it outlining? Often I'll try to create a shape only to get an outline, no fill. The problem is always due to a vector being selected that has a line dividing the shape. Make sure you're selecting one continuous outline without any extraneous points. If I had to guess, I say you're probably selecting a point that is not part of the connected shape.
Let me know if this doesn't help.
nanticokerailroad

no extraneous lines

Post by nanticokerailroad »

No extraneous lines; was pretty much an oval. Like I said i was able to render the same shape with the color gradient i chose in a new project.
I'm not going to loose any sleep over it! It was just a little test drawing with multiple layers. Wanted to start playing around with that. Just wondered if anyone else had ever had this problem before. Thanks, Mike.[/b]