Can this be done in AS?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

moorsel

Can this be done in AS?

Post by moorsel »

A few weeks ago I watched the drawings for the final round of Euro 2008 soccer. During the TV show some videos were shown and I liked one of the "special effects" they used.

Examples of what I mean can be seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDl_zEL6fM

the scene from 2min46secs to 2min49sec
and the one I liked most was
the scene from 3min22secs to 3min25sec

Any ideas?

Gr,
Frank
Genete

Post by Genete »

I think you can easily do it using still images in a 3D environment. Place the different football players at different depths and move the 3D camera. Also the background should be a static image in a 3D world.
For sure possible with Anime Studio.
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think there must be some new software or plugin or something that makes it easy to do. I have seen this used more and more recently and just started to notice it was becoming popular. Once that happens you know there must be some "easy" solution out there. I can't imagine 20 different people came up with the same video trick at the same time. Most likely it must be a plugin for one of those video applications.

If you do use that technique do it quickly! Pretty soon it will become like the Matrix "bullet time" effect or the "Ken Burns" effect.

;)

-vern
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Looks like just another AfterFX trick. Nothing special, just a composition of stills.
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

I have seen this effect in recent documentries on the History Channel. It can be done with ASP, easy. Well, almost easy.

You have to have atleast two planes, three is better, foreground, middleground, and background. After importing your elements, position the background element in 3D mode and enlarge to fill the frame. Then set the background to "Immune to camera movement."

The rest in a matter of positioning your foreground elements and guiding the camera through them. Easy, right. Yea Right.

The real trick is this, if your elements are from a photograph, you have to fill in the gaps left after yuo lift the foregrounf elements.

I have a sample of this, but didn't think I would be posting it on Youtube so soon, therefore it not quite ready. Will advise when I post it.
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
moorsel

Post by moorsel »

Thanx all, for the help. I think I was able to create something alike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKVDYHlmwY

Gr,
Frank
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

This video are from cartoon I've been working on for more than a year. It show some of the features of the 3D camera in ASP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatYK7w1dDM

FCSnow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.