3D environments

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Datawraith

3D environments

Post by Datawraith »

So I was thinking if using blender to make a 3D environment and then I was thinking of importing the model into Anime Studio and using flat characters IN that environment.

Seeing as there are cities and lands that have a lot of terrain, will "layer orders" cause problems? I want to have the character in front of items in the 3D map as well as behind some. The model is going to have everything in just one file, everything from the buildings to the trees.
A device that makes bad weather. . . interesting :/
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Good luck with that ... but I think it's the wrong way round. It would be much easier to integrate AS characters into Blender. Render them as video files with alpha and put them on a flat plane in Blender.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Slowtiger is right
my 3D Underwater Environment created in Blender and ASP Character
see this
http://www.vimeo.com/14498877

and This
http://www.vimeo.com/14479218

Another Way Download my Transparent 3D Mov from
viewtopic.php?t=17128&highlight=

and import as Image in your ASP projects.
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

slowtiger wrote:Good luck with that ... but I think it's the wrong way round. It would be much easier to integrate AS characters into Blender. Render them as video files with alpha and put them on a flat plane in Blender.
so I can animate the characters interacting with the environment (without the items and background) and then go back with blender and shape the environment with the actions?

Sounds fun. lol

How would you approach the complicated fight scenes and general stunts though? the terrain is pretty rough.

I am interested in this idea though.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

You could have a simple 2D proxy as a background of your 3D scene, and animate over it in AS. Then just render your characters with alpha and import into Blender.

But when you talk about interacting with the 3D scene, you're opening up a can of 3D worms. Maybe your questions would be best answered on a Blender forum. AFAIK Blender could definitely import a 2D rendering and place it anywhere in a 3D scene, only thing is Blender takes a loooong time to learn.

Also, AS7 has a new 3D feature that interacts with content from Poser. (But you must have Poser installed) I think that the Poser content is not limited to characters, it could also be scene.
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

rogermate wrote:You could have a simple 2D proxy as a background of your 3D scene, and animate over it in AS. Then just render your characters with alpha and import into Blender.

But when you talk about interacting with the 3D scene, you're opening up a can of 3D worms. Maybe your questions would be best answered on a Blender forum. AFAIK Blender could definitely import a 2D rendering and place it anywhere in a 3D scene, only thing is Blender takes a loooong time to learn.

Also, AS7 has a new 3D feature that interacts with content from Poser. (But you must have Poser installed) I think that the Poser content is not limited to characters, it could also be scene.
Well at least I'm far over the learning curve in Blender.
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

kkrawal wrote:Please Please watch my 3D Underwater environment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6Sw6vKosM
Dude, I saw that one a very long time ago. lol (by a long time ago, I mean recently)

What program was that made in? Blender?
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Datawraith wrote:I saw that one a very long time ago. lol (by a long time ago, I mean recently)

Dear I have uploaded the animation
only 5 hours ago.
Its done in Blender.
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

kkrawal wrote:
Datawraith wrote:I saw that one a very long time ago. lol (by a long time ago, I mean recently)

Dear I have uploaded the animation
only 5 hours ago.
Its done in Blender.
Yeah, I know. It came up in my recommendations, then I followed your link and thought, "Hey, I just saw this. lol" I guess I saw it right as soon as you uploaded it. lol

also it's done in blender? Very well done.