AS 7.1

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

AS 7.1

Post by sbtamu »

Is this an actually update or is this just the patch Lost Marble released on Aug. 20?

Thanks

Stephen
http://anime.smithmicro.com/index_pro.p ... ow_Updates
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

I'm waiting for months for the lolalization update of Anime Studio 7 Debut!!! How I can download it?
Sarina

7.1 Updates now live

Post by Sarina »

Hi,

I'm excited to tell you that the 7.1 updates are now live.

7.1 includes added language support for French and German. In addition, Anime Studio 7.1 contains a switch layer interpolation fix and several other fixes.

Visit http://anime.smithmicro.com/ and click on 'Updates'.

If you own Debut 7.0, you can update to Debut 7.1. for free. If you own Pro 7.0, you can update to Pro 7.1. for free. Your serial number will be used for verification before being able to download the update.

Cheers,
Sarina
Sarina DuPont
(Former) Product Manager
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
-----------------------------
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/animestudio
Twitter: http://twitter.com/anime_studio
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you, Sarina. Sorry, I'm not sure if it's my fault, but can't see the link for 7.1 pro. Can anyone help me?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

That is weird. I downloaded it this morning, but now the link is gone. I suppose somebody is working on the website and the link should be reinstated shortly ( I wonder if I should download it again?).

edit. 10 min. later: Okay, now I see the link is back.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

selgin wrote:Thank you, Sarina. Sorry, I'm not sure if it's my fault, but can't see the link for 7.1 pro. Can anyone help me?
Here is the link:
http://store.smithmicro.com/cart.aspx?id=15709
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

is there a list of fixes anywhere? the interpolation switch problem was already fixed! most importantly - did the multi-core render crashing get fixed?!?!? *prays*
Genete

Post by Genete »

Sarina,
can you confirm the AS linux version abandon? Isn't there any chance to have a 7.x linux release?
-G
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

funksmaname wrote:is there a list of fixes anywhere? [...] - did the multi-core render crashing get fixed?!?!? *prays*
> Why it has not already been done ? :roll:

EDIT : Unfortunately Funksmaname, some bugs I/we suffered don't seem to be fixed : / I'm extremely sad.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Can I use this package (Mac OS) as stand alone installer or do I need a installation of 7.0?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I checked the size of the file. Looked way too big. So I didn't download it. My guess is that with the bloatware, stripped down it'd be around a 20MB download. When I saw it, I dunno, was just too big, like 300 or 500MB or something nuts. >>>MEH<<< Remember the days when MOHO was like, 12MB? You're not gonna fool me SM, thinking that adding bazillions and bazillions of megabytes of user-generated content is going to trick me into thinking you've ADDED VALUE to the package. Just the opposite really. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Why not an option for just the .EXE or .DMG?

> EDIT - please also understand SM that Internet's not as cheap and fast everywhere in the world as it is in the US. South Africa's apparently the most expensive country for Internet. It costs me ... hmm ... about $55.00 for 2 gigs of Internet per month. And it is SLOWWWWWW. Took me like 2 hours to upload a 26MB file last night. Sucks.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I checked the size of the file. Looked way too big. So I didn't download it. My guess is that with the bloatware, stripped down it'd be around a 20MB download. When I saw it, I dunno, was just too big, like 300 or 500MB or something nuts. >>>MEH<<< Remember the days when MOHO was like, 12MB? You're not gonna fool me SM, thinking that adding bazillions and bazillions of megabytes of user-generated content is going to trick me into thinking you've ADDED VALUE to the package. Just the opposite really. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Why not an option for just the .EXE or .DMG?
I totally agree, Mikdog,a bug fix shouldn't include the bloat-ware.
In fact, that stuff should be a separate download anyway, if a download of the bloat-ware fails then we have to start over, just to get the .exe which is all we really want or need.

Most of the library stuff is for noobs, well I guess, to tell the truth I have not even looked at the new library or content at all in ASPRO 7 since I bought it.

Australia also suffers from bad internet and I'm currently mobile anyway so a couple of software updates can completely blow out the cap especially with all the masses of OS updates added into the mix.

BTW is there a complete list of fixes with that download anywhere?
:?:
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Yea, the size of the download is inadmissible!

The [Library] and the [Beginner Videos] blows up the package!

Examine the directories (Mac version):

- Library = 293 MB (should be optional)
- Beginner Videos = 249 MB (should be optional, @SmithMicro: Good idea, but have you ever heard of YouTube?)
- PDF-Manuals (3 languages) = 84 MB (should be optional)
- Application (.app/.exe) = 50 MB (necessary)
- Video Uploader = 11 MB (should be optional)
- Remain files (Brushes, Scripts, Tutorials) = 10 MB (necessary)

637 MB are optional files in my eyes!
60 MB are necessary to run and use AnimeStudio!

PS: The 300 MB library remained unchanged from 7.0 to 7.1 (examine the date of files), but we need to download it again! :(

Beginner Videos would be a good bonus for a CD version of AnimeStudio, but not for a download version! Load it up to youtube! Besides, a good promotion and buying incentive for your excellent tools. The library should be offered as an add-on package (with its own version number for example), free download for all users with serial number.
pez

Re: 7.1 Updates now live

Post by pez »

Sarina wrote:
7.1 includes added language support for French and German.
Hello,
what's this exactly?

Does Anime Studio Pro 7.1 support French-language phonetics for voice synchronization?

Thks
Pez
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Well, seems like I really aren't the only one. I'm emailed SM and asked if they'd perhaps consider sticking up a stripped-down version of the update. My 7.0 is working well (with the cycle bug fix that is) so I'm not in a huge rush to update. But its like me giving you a match wrapped in about a bazillion layers of styrofoam. Strange analogy but it'll do. And you want to light a cigarette. And the match is wrapped up in lots of layers. So the thing you want is hidden in many many layers but you just want the thing. See what I'm doing here? Explaining my analogy. Ooh boy its late. Bed-time.