"Key Hold" on the Time Line

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

prabhat

"Key Hold" on the Time Line

Post by prabhat »

Hi,

It would be extremely useful to give a "KEY HOLD" facility on the time line. This would extend a particular Key for a range of frames.

For example, Right Hand of a character moves up ( in 10) frames and SHOULD STAY up for 5 frames BEFORE it moves down ( 10 frames ).

So the second key should be there on the time line without any change for 5 frames. Typically, I would copy the same and paste after 5 frames to keep the hand still for 5 frames.

If friends like 7 feet and others can provide a small script that would create such facility, it would be a tremendous help. The extended section can have a RED BAR ( like in Action ) on the time line to show the KEY HOLD position.

Why didn't I request LM ?

Well, I would love to see a parallel Plug-in industry for MOHO develop like one exists for 3ds MAX, Maya and Cinema 4D.

Regards

Prabhat MOHANTY
janimatic

Post by janimatic »

hey!

it's easy :
just change your interpolation type to "step" mode
(right clic on the keyframe (s) and choose step )
myles

Post by myles »

Hmm, since the visibility channel demonstrates that it is possible to draw the channel line in segments between keys, would it be feasible to draw channel line segments (at least for bones and points) in different colours to indicate the interpolation type?

Or would it chew up too much re-draw time? How many colours are clearly different? Should the colours be user configurable? Is it worth implementing?

Regards, Myles - wondering if he should have kept his mouth shut (or the forum equivalent).
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Actually, we're looking into drawing different keyframe symbols to indicate interpolation type.
myles

Post by myles »

Lost Marble wrote:Actually, we're looking into drawing different keyframe symbols to indicate interpolation type.
Cool!

[Now, *squint squint* , is that a decagon or a dodecagon? :D ]

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

VERY pleased to hear that too!!! :D :D :D