Truncated Scripts

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheChewanater

Truncated Scripts

Post by TheChewanater »

I've been using AS Pro 6 on GNU/Linux for a while now, and it keeps throwing an error about end-of-file NULL characters where something else is expected in scripts. So, when I investigated, most of the menu scripts ended in this:

Code: Select all

moho.document:SetDi
or this:

local radius = MOHO.
or this:

l:AddChild(
Every script too big just ends after 2^12 (4096) bytes. And this has been like this since I first bought the product. Why don't I have complete scripts and where can I get them?
ImageImage
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Have you upgraded to AS 6.2 yet? But, I do not know if there is a 6.2 for Pro, but its worth a try.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Those scripts are damaged or corrupted. The scripts are missing a bunch of stuff after the points you indicated. They aren't complete. You should reinstall AS or re-download any custom scripts you installed.
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

They were like that when I got it, so I guess the Linux version of AS is broken.

I downloaded a trial of the Window$ version and got the scripts from it. They seem to work.
ImageImage
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

TheChewanater wrote:They were like that when I got it, so I guess the Linux version of AS is broken.
If that is true then all the linux users of AS would have noticed a problem. How did you "get it"? Was it a download from Smith Micro? A purchased CD? Often files can get truncated during a download. If it was "like that when you got it". Can you go back to the original source where you got it and try again?

-vern
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

Well, I didn't edit them, and I immediately put them under the root user's control, so it's impossible to change them without the root password.

I could check, but it's a huge download and I don't care since it's fixed now.
ImageImage