CTRL and SHIFT

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

umedon

CTRL and SHIFT

Post by umedon »

In macromedia flash when we select a tool, it can be switched to another with CTRL or SHIFT with a related tool. For example if I select "add bone" in Moho, pressing the CTRL key would change it in "select bone" so I could add and select rapidly (in fact I don't like the key shortcuts for the following reason). The I have always my left hand over the CTRL key and it's close to the SHIFT to get another related handy tool, then if I want to zoom I can presse CTRL SPACE and if I want to un-zoom I can press CTRL-ALT-SPACE, so I can do pretty anything without moving the arm.. only the fingers move. Ah, about the zoom tool, if we could select an area with it it would be great, because after have zoomed the area we want often gets off screen and we have to translate to see the right portion.

Best regards.
梅どん
http://iimi.net
cribble

Post by cribble »

I like the idea. I was thinking, like the undo/redo commands, shift acts as going back a tool (from what was previously used) and ctrl goes forward a tool.
--Scott
cribble.net
myles

Post by myles »

You probably already know this:
The scroll wheel on a mouse zooms in and out.
Right-drag with a mouse translates the workspace. Shift+right-drag zooms in and out. This probably doesn't help anyone still using a one-button Mac mouse with no scroll wheel, but it sure helps the rest of us.

One feature request is already implemented: 8)
Edit; Preferences; Zoom with drag - sets zoom to use a drag area rectangle to zoom in - either using the Zoom tool or Shift+right-drag. Home resets the view to normal.

I like the "temporary change to Select Bone" idea for efficiently adding multiple child bones to one parent bone.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
umedon

Post by umedon »

About the shift and ctrl keys I was thinking that the tool is in use only when keeping the key pressed... so going forward and backwards a tool wasn't my purpose.
By the way I have no wheel on my mouse... and more than that I use a graphic tablet with a pen so.... anyway I think I can use the "right click zoom with drag" so thank you for the great tip :)

Aaah, and if it was also possible to sketch bitmaps directly in moho.... hum... am I asking too much ^^; sorry ;)
梅どん
http://iimi.net
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

myles wrote:You probably already know this:
The scroll wheel on a mouse zooms in and out.
Right-drag with a mouse translates the workspace. Shift+right-drag zooms in and out. This probably doesn't help anyone still using a one-button Mac mouse with no scroll wheel, but it sure helps the rest of us.
In the one-button Mac Ctrl+click is the same as right click:
Ctrl+click-drag translates the workspace
Shift+Ctrl+click-drag zooms in and out
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, in the past I asked for that Add Bone tool improvement in another post, I think that this could be done by some kind scripter, and so we don't disturb LM while he is working... CIAO!
myles

Post by myles »

Rasheed wrote:In the one-button Mac Ctrl+click is the same as right click:
Ctrl+click-drag translates the workspace
Shift+Ctrl+click-drag zooms in and out
Ahh, thanks! I can never remember the Mac equivalents!

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx