Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Cheers!
Mouse capturing for bone movement can that be done?

Thanks again!
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Had a look for the feature you mentioned and got it working using the ctrl key on the timeline to set a start and stop time for a portion of the animation for working over

But

It is nowhere near as good as your version because the playback plays over and over and you have to start it and try and jump in keeping one eye one the action and one eye on the timeline trying to make sure you don't loop back to the start again

With your mousecapture the action starts and stops with my control without any lag in the animation

True realtime bone puppeteering with start and stop control from the mouse just like your mousecapture layer tool but for bones would be such a time saver

If you or anyone else with the ability could manage to make this a reality I would be one happy sock puppet!

Many thanks once more... I know it's really easy to ask for things and a lot harder to make them happen but anything you and the other scripters could come up with would be amazing

Cheers!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Nop! Sorry if I don't expressed well the irony... But, that I wanted to remark is that feature was designed (in theory) in a way that I'll be able to implement "easily" once I started to develop any of the "Lost Point Tool","Lost Bone Tool", "Lost Talent Tool... whatever I be more prepared to face up... But, of course, for the features I have in mind for such a tools, it seems to me that they could be even more difficult and time consuming to develop due to a, surely, more maths involved issue :(. So although I'd love, I'm not in a position right now to assure its future availability or when it could become true...

Although yeah, I'm on all the will and, of course, the possibility of that "programmer friend" which I always have dreamed suddenly arise around the corner is always there, isn't? :roll:
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Thanks for everything so far

hope someone (cough! heyvern cough!) takes up the mousecap bone tool challenge

is there a software that dose have this tool cos im sure ive seen animation which must have been created in a similar fashion "blue cow" on cbeebies for instance

hmmmn!!
abou123

Post by abou123 »

i just installed and it not work, what i mean is that all tools disappeared! And i just installed anime studio pro 7! :(
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

is there a software that dose have this tool
After fx has a 'motion sketch' palette that lets you use similar functionality to move things around...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

abou123 wrote:i just installed and it not work, what i mean is that all tools disappeared! And i just installed anime studio pro 7! :(
Please, let us know as much details as possible, like program error (if any) promps, Operating System, etc...

Have you follow the installation process descrived in the "Readme" file? Basically the "installation" is not different than copy the "Lost Layer Tool" files inside the "Anime Studio Pro 7" installation folder respecting the folders hierarchy... BTW, have your tools disaperad in your Anime Studio Program installation folder, or in the programs's toolbar?? Do you think this issue could have something to do with yours?:

viewtopic.php?p=94593#94593

If so... that problem seemed to be related with the fact that the resources of the tool was not copied as it sould be or where it sould be.

Hope it helps! If not... let me know, please.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, on a different matter...

I have upload a new version (20100708_1931_rc2) that takes into account the operating system to be able to (supposedly) compensate that GUI differences that, i.e., prevented the access to the Layer Effects Dialogue Window under Mac OS X (plus other minor menu gadget offsets). Of course, it only affects to Mac OS users and others can perfectly ignore it and even stop reading...

In this case, I wouldn't want to bother nobody much more with this issue and I have upload it directly after some blindly little changes, so... if someone find any Mac OS related inconsistences... please, let me know with a little screen capture if possible :)

On an even different (minor) matter...

That follows, is the Windows installation process I have described in the "Installation" section of the "Readme" file:

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------
 INSTALLATION
------------------------------------------

Windows XP Quick Installation* Process:

1. Open or unzip the downloaded rl_lost_layer_tool_XXXXXXXX_XXXX.zip file.

2. Drag & drop (or copy & paste) the content, "Resources" and "scripts" folders in this case, inside the Anime Studio Pro # installation folder (typically) at "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro #"

3. When you be prompted to "Confirm Folder Replace", click on "Yes to All" and the content will be automatically added respecting the other files and the system folders hierarchy.

4. (Re)start Anime Studio Pro and enjoy!

* For a clean Update/Reinstallation of the tool and to avoid possible deprecated resources (nothing serious), you can manually delete the "rl_lost_layer_tool" folder (typically) inside "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 7\Resources\ScriptResources" folder before follow the installation process.
And I wondered if someone under Mac OS would be so kind to make the necessary changes/tweaks to make it valid for a Mac OS installation in a way I can add it to the Readme file as well. If so... Thank you very much in advance!
abou123

Post by abou123 »

thank you for help,
what do i add to the line?
i am on a mac with 10.5 (leopard)
umm the errors say missing image file or something like that and it keeps repeating with a whole bunch of times with different file names and when done all my tools on the tool bar disappeared!
i reinstalled anime studio to fix this problem, and am not using this tool right now.
once again, thanks for trying to help me!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

How to install Lost Layer Tool under osx:
unzip and you'll get the "rl_lost_layer tool..xxxxx" folder, inside there will be 2 folders, "resources" and "scripts",
in the "scripts folder you'll find "tool" and "utility" folders, the scripts inside the tool folder should go in Anime Studio Pro 7/scripts/tool
and the file inside the utility folder should go in Anime Studio Pro 7/scripts/utility

inside the "Resource" folder you will find a folder named "rl_lost_layer_tool" put this whole folder inside the Anime Studio app itself, so you have to right click or /ctrl-click the AS app, choose "show contents" and you can move the it inside Contents/Resources/ScriptResources
That's it.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

(Re)Thank you very much, ulrik! :) So this is what I have right now:

Code: Select all

Mac OS X Installation* Process:

1. Unzip the rl_lost_layer_tool_XXXXXXXX_XXXX.zip file to get the rl_lost_layer_tool_XXXXXXXX_XXXX folder, inside you'll find two folders, "Resources" and "scripts".

2. In the "Resources" folder you'll find a folder named "rl_lost_layer_tool", put this whole folder inside the Anime Studio app itself:

2.1 To do so, you have to right click (or Ctrl+click) the ASP app, choose "Show Package Contents" and move it inside "Contents/Resources/ScriptResources".

3. In the "scripts" folder you'll find "tool" and "utility" folders:

3.1 The files inside the "tool" folder should go in "Anime Studio Pro #/scripts/tool".

3.2 The file inside the "utility", should go in "Anime Studio Pro #/scripts/utility".

4. (Re)start Anime Studio Pro # and enjoy!

* For a clean Update/Reinstallation of the tool and to avoid possible deprecated resources (nothing serious), you can manually delete the already existent "rl_lost_layer_tool" resources folder before follow the (re)installation process.
Please, let me know if you'll find any inconsistence or if you think it could be improved/simplified in some or other way.

And abou123 what can I say, I'm very sorry you have had to reinstall the program :(, but the installation process described in the Readme file was clearly specified for a Windows system. Of course I should have provided the other one as well, but I was unaware about the details and, for some reason, I assumed it shouldn't be a mayor problem if the user took into account the differences... so well I'm happy you solve the problem but sorry again! Now...

Well, I don't know if you'll be in the mood, but now that we have a detailed Mac OS installation process, you shouldn't find any problem to make it works... although you always can wait for other inputs in this issue.

PS: That I don't know, is why the other tools disappeared for you after the multiple missing resources promps... So well, although maybe it doesn't matter yet, Mac OS users, could be that the original tool folder with ALL his content was entirely replaced for the "Lost Layer Tool" "scripts/tool" folder one instead only be replaced the existing contents during folders copy process like Windows does?? I suppose not, of course, but I'm curious...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When I installed on the mac I did the same thing abou123 did. The same thing happened, the script asked for the images it couldn't find. When I realized my mistake I just removed the folder I added in the "wrong spot" and put it in correctly.

I don't see how installing this tool incorrectly could actually break or delete application files. I installed it wrong on windows AND mac and was still able to go back and fix it.

-vern
abou123

Post by abou123 »

I was just looking through the package contents randomly and found the right file! Thank you for the solution guys, but i seemed to do it myself.
the reason i had to reinstall was your readme said to replace all and it i replaced the actual tool and utilities folders with the new ones which now i realize had deleted the tool text file.

My mom actually thought it was a virus! LOL!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This might require some testing on my part... but...

Does the Mac OS DELETE existing files when replacing a folder? On windows if you drop a folder on a folder it will only replace EXISTING files and not delete files. On mac maybe replacing a folder deletes all the files which could have caused the problem.

Ramon, you may want to (or someone on mac can) write instructions for mac to ONLY COPY THE LAST FOLDER to the resources. Instead of replacing the TOP level folders as this appears to delete files on Mac instead of just copying new files as it does on windows.

-vern
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

heyvern wrote: Does the Mac OS DELETE existing files when replacing a folder?

-vern
This is strange, sometime it does, sometimes not, regarding AS if I install an update to the same as version, it will delete all brushes, scripts etc that is extra beside the AS installation, I always have a copy of scripts, library and brushes so that I can replace or complament the AS installation afterwards.

Be careful when installing updates!