Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Home! And I simply can't wait to start with all this "trial & erroring" :D

And yeah! As you said, the ideal solution to solve the issue one and for all would be the OS "adaptation" way (although I hope it doesn't involve so much suffer that css & different brosers conflicts (too recent :x)), so I still have started to work on it with the invaluable help (even in absence) of 7feet's function to get the curret OS. Then, I suppose that with the use of only one variable and the simple (and lovely) rule of three, I'll have all what I need! Well, almost... cause at the moment I still need one of that "three" magic values to make it work :roll:

So heyvern! Please :), if you'd have that pixel exact calculations it'd be simply wonderfuUul! But meantime... could you run for me something like this:

Code: Select all

function LayerScript(moho)

function rl_lostASutilities.getOS()
	if os.getenv("OS") ~= nil then
		local opSys = string.lower(string.sub(os.getenv("OS"), 1, 3))

if opSys == "win" then
			return "win"
		else
			return "unix"
		end
	else
			return "unix"
	end
end

local spaces = "_                                                                                                    _"

print(rl_lostASutilities.getOS() .. spaces .. (#spaces - 2))

end
And upload a screen capture of the lua console window in each system to can compare the difference? Well, good thinking, maybe it be too much to ask so... if you have any other less time consuming or better (surely) idea I'll be happy too :)
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

funksmaname wrote:i saw the "click 'archive' link" at teh bottom of your post, but i can't find an 'archive' link?
You're welcome! :) I'm planning to make some changes on it, but you can find the links near the bottom of the "Lost Layer Tool" entry of the blog, where you'll find something similar to this:

Download | Readme | Reference | Support | Archive

The "Archive" link goes to a page with all (two at the moment) versions of the tool, make sure you download the file called "rl_lost_layer_tool_20100704_0455_rc1_ASP6.2.zip" if you are in 6.1, although it have been tested with 6.2, so I can't assure it'll be totally free of lua console errors... thing that I'd like to know, BTW :)

...hope it helps, GREETINGS!

PS: Ah, and you have a little description of the install process in the INSTALLATION section of the "Readme" file, just in case you need it.
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ramon,

Here's the screen shots of the two lua consoles. Quite a bit of difference I would say! :)

I am still working on figuring out the spacing differences with the GUI settings. I have to do some "real" work unfortunately. ;)

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:shock: Incredibly quickfuUul! And incredibly grateful :D Really! It's even difficult to express it...

Ufff, so I'll be able to put my back into it sooner than I thought! And although you are the fortunate having that "mini" (which I first imagined as a MacBook, I don't know why), well... I hope don't have to bother you too much with this kind of requests :oops:

Real work?? PUAG! :x Don't remember me...

Well, thank you very much again!

PS: Argh! Not totally necessary for the rule of three I have in mind (or I think so), but I forget to ask for your screen resolution just in case...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Screen resolution makes no difference. It's a screen capture so it would be the same "size" at any resolution.

-vern
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Amazing!
I installed (very easy) and now it shows at the top, and seems to work perfectly! I get NO script errors... is there something specific you'd like me to do to see if it cases any issues? let me know, i'll be more than happy to - and post screenshots of the lua screen if need be...
the mouse movement recording is an amazing addition... i LOVE it!

:D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Funksmaname,

The issue right now is some big differences in the tool GUI layout for Mac and Windows. There was a glitch that hid one of the pop up buttons at the top on the mac. Ramon created this on a Windows platform and unnless you have both mac and windows to compare it's hard to see what is and isn't right.

From what I can see it works well on both systems (after the tiny fix needed), but there are still some visual differences.

Ramon, I don't think you should spend too much effort trying to get the two versions looking exactly the same. It works fine from what I can see. I'll keep you posted on my research.

-vern
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

ah... that clears that up then :)
I only have PCs... but it works just fine!
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Wow, this looks absolutely epic, Ramón :o!

I know from experience just how much work is involved in these sort of all-encompassing mods, so I can't thank you enough for sharing it with the rest of us :D!

I can't wait to both try it out and, of course, take a peek inside it to see how it all works :wink:!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

heyvern wrote:Screen resolution makes no difference. It's a screen capture so it would be the same "size" at any resolution.
You are right! But for some reason I should think it could be useful at some time, no much sense once you think about it for a moment, of course :P

Well, and talking about it... I've been doing something, but without trial & error I am nothiiing! :x Jeje, not to mention about trying to get that pixel precision which I can't live without... But well, here is the first try!* And how I'd love it works (even if by chance...) to can turn this page of darkness once and for all. So... well, if you could test it for a moment and let me know I'd be increeedibly grateful again (and again...)

Oh, funksmaname, I'm happy you enjoy it :) and yeah, I supposed that there was not too much reasons to worry about 6.1/6.2 incompatibilities, but really you never know it until you (or someone) test it, so thank you very much for let me know!

And Rudiger! What can I say... I see you like a superhero with the most useful superpowers imaginable! So your words simply make me the most happy common of the mortals :D, at the same time that make me feel so :oops: embarrased :oops: for what you'll can think looking all that amount of impure code :roll:, jeje... But well, I'll think I'll try concentrate on the first thought :)

* ...It's for ASP 7.0 and only contais the tool and the utilities file! So please, nobody try to install separately or something like that.
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Aha! I think I get it now.

The new stuff you posted looks about the same on the mac as the other one (the layer shading drop down works of course).

I think I know what the problem is. It's the DROP DOWN MENUS!!!! They are a different size on mac than windows!! A different height and probably a different width. For some reason I thought those "triangles" you used for the drop downs were actual "images" and it was strange they appeared so different. It's the menus that are different.

Now I know what to look for I can just create a menu for both and measure the difference in size. On the mac the menus are about 1/3 shorter height than on the pc. I think on the mac the menu drop downs are shorter as well which would cause them to be "hidden" behind the other buttons.

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yeah! That seemed to be the problem, a little diference in GUI font size between the two platforms (I wonder how Linux version would be affected by this...) that I don't know if it'll be intencionally or not, but it'd be nice not have to deal with it... although been a so specific and "personal?" issue, directly related with anti-paddings, string-paddings, whatever!, I doubt it go to transcend... And yeah too, at some moment I invested some time trying to get use of normal image buttons to open dialogue windows but all that (as so much other curious GUI tries...) was totally fruitless... so I was forced to do it in the way I did to save as much space as possible.

Well, so now, as you'll have probably seen, I have treated to introduce an adaptative solution which I hope don't to have to worry about different adjustements between patforms and... did you say that it does the job??? :D :? :D :? Jeje... It's simply I'm a little reticent to belive it worked at the first try :roll:, that... brings me where you'll easily imagine, hmmm... could I (pleasy) see it with my own :shock: ed eyes?

If so... THANK YOUuu (very much) in advance!!!
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Great tool ,installed no problem .

great fun and well thought out
really like the mouse movement tool

thanks again for your great contribution!
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Just a quick thought on the mousecap tool..

could it somehow be made to work for bones?

I think it would be great to click on a mousecapture tool then start moving bones about in real time knowing that the movement would be translated into the animation

true puppeteering

(hold on i'm getting carried away with my own thoughts here!)

and a redo feature where we could select a portion of the timeline which we could "re-puppet" until we were happy with it

a temporary (rehersal) timeline?

am i asking for the laws of physics to be broken?

if any of the above could be considered by the scripting magicians around these parts, that would be great!

if not then i'll settle for a time machine ......thanks! :wink:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

dreeko13 wrote:could it somehow be made to work for bones?
Of course! :D When/if the "Lost Bone Tool" exists at least... :P
dreeko13 wrote:and a redo feature where we could select a portion of the timeline which we could "re-puppet" until we were happy with it
...Jeje, more lucky about that! Cause it's actually "secretly" implemented (I planned to explain all this kind of details in a Help file that finally I afraid I'll be not be able to do :(), but well I'll treat to explain, it's actually really simple & unnatended indeed, just specify a timeline range as usually (Alt + Timeline-rule (Left/Right) Clicks (if I remember well)) and if you start your mouse capturing from the first frame of that specified range, the capture stops at last frame and automatically rewind for lovely "trial & erroring"! Jeje, I think I like that one... :roll:
dreeko13 wrote:a temporary (rehersal) timeline?
Hmmm... not sure what that will exactly means, but... I suppse it won't be implemented yet? Hmmm... GREETINGS!