Lock bone doesn't lock position...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dodgy

Lock bone doesn't lock position...

Post by Dodgy »

because then IK rotates around the endpoint of the bone above, not the startpoint of the locked bone. Could this be looked at?

It means that while a locked bone may have its orientation locked, its position depends on how far away the tip of the parent is from its start point, and thus the bone will revolve around the parent tip, not stay stationary.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

No one else noticed this?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Actually, it has been discussed many times. I recommend you this old thread
viewtopic.php?t=11457
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Hmm, reading through that thread it doesn't seem to be my problem. I occasionally get the flipped bones, but that's avoidable with bone limits and keyframing usually. The problem is the IK is rotating around the tip of the parent of the locked bone, not the locked bone itself, which means the locked bone does not remain stationary if it's away from its parent. This limits the usefulness of this function.