Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Post by Rai López »

Lost·AS·Tools...

NOTE: This tools are outdated and their development and maintenance currently discontinued. Also download links may appear broken, but I don't think they'd run under any moderately recent Moho version anyway... I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • :arrow: Lost Layer Tool (v20100708_1931_rc2 for ASP7.0)

• 1st "Lost AS Tool"! Well, here is what have kept me so amused during last moths, you know, one tool to rule them all (settings) or... something so :roll:, and well, now it is totally finished & functional! :D Or I think so... Anyway, here is the link to the post where you'll find all the info as well as the download* links of this first Lost AS Tool (+)
  • :arrow: Lost Doodle Tool (v20110401_0101_b for ASP7.1)

• 2nd "Lost AS Tool"! Although the "Lost Doodle Tool" project began like a little series of "only for fun/curiosity" and personal experiments, as it has been getting bigger, I have been tempted with the possibility of include it into the family... Firstly conceived as "Lost Bitmap Tool", it was re-baptized to it's actual name to avoid confusion, but really (even with the inherent limitations) it brigs the possibility of taste the very simple bitmap drawing feeling inside, and only inside, Anime Studio Pro... (+)
  • :arrow: Lost Wiggle Tool (v20120206_0245_b for ASP8.1+)

• 3nd "Lost AS Tool"! Well, here it is... the (9999 lines long :oops:) "spin-off" of those Lost Layer Tool's MouseCap! feature; hmmm, I bet you could see that coming :roll:, not seriously... I have invested too much time on this (still) incomplete thing that I don't know how to really take it, but well, it has to go out (for the sake of my health xD) and, summarizing, here it is "Lost Wiggle Tool": "The (*in)Complete Mouse Capture, Morphs Management*, Audio Wiggle and "All in One" (Animating Focused) Solution for Anime Studio Pro" (+)

MD: Although a video would have been more advisable for such a tool... at some point (don't ask me why) this time I decided to make a Users Manual instead; it can be usefull to get some concepts so... well, just take a look! :wink:
For further details of each tool, please, visit de original posts by means of the provided links, you'd do well to read the "Readme" files or "Users Manual" (when available) for install instructions and relevant (or not) info. BTW, hello again :), yeah, as you'll see there this 2nd time (LDT) I have a VIDEO! (My first one); besides that... most that follows is still valid:

Hmmm, really I wanted to do a more elaborated post here but I think I'll invest the limited amount of time I have right now adding more descriptions and examples of some features in the original tool's post. I would have liked to finish a little "help" file that I started to do at least, or even make a little video in order to expose some of the features more related with "time", but I really don't feel like doing this kind of stuff... Oh! That I've still done is a little "Readme" file where you'll find some installation instructions as well as other details, you'll see the link just besides the "Download" one, hmmm... although maybe I should have include it into the *.zip file? [...] Anyway! I think most of the features are self explanatory and, if not, you always can ask for more details or expose your doubts or suggestions in the blog, cause I'll be glad to help :)

Well, I think that's all for now, thank you very much for your attention and... I hope you like it!
Rai López.

* Clic on "Archive" link to access (if available) to all versions of the tool if you are interested in a previous Anime Studio Pro one!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Finally!!!:D
Ok, I had the privilege of being some kind of beta tester of this tool and all I can see is that it's HUGE. Definitively a must have, it feels even cooler than installing fazek's tools.

- You have most of layer proprieties on the screen to access directly without problem.
- You can change proprieties for several layers at the same time
- Masking is delightful. It let you mask watching the result in real time, so testing is 1000% easier
- Particle proprieties are showed in a tiny window with full access to all features
- Visibility, blur and transparency are easier to animate than ever
- It has a unique feature to capture mouse movement, so you can record in real time layer translation
- You can change blend modes (normal, multiply, overlay, etc) directly and on several layers at the same time!
- You have access to vector proprieties such as animated noise and sketchy effect and see the result in realtime.
- It's very compact and fits perfect even on my 12' monitor
- It even has an About button!

Ok, you noticed I'm a big fan of this tool, but, come on! it's huge!
Download and install it immediately, you'll see I'm not lying!

(thank you again, Ramón :roll:)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Oh, THANKS to youuu! For you patience and for all that support and "ánimo", plus! I was editing the first post to add some kind of feature description and when I see it... It was still done :shock:, and better than mine! So you save me some time to can write some nonsenses like: Jeje, Fazek? :oops: Cómo osas comparaaar?? (Sorry, no wordreference.com entries...) he must be turning over in his grave! (yeah, wordreference to the rescue :)) and so, but don't worry, I'm not going to continue...

Well, as I always say, I'd like to improve/optimize some things at code level to can be totally proud but... yeah! If you ignore that tricky part it can looks great! :D Well, although some icons well could deserve a good revision too :roll: ...Hmmm, but 5:00 AM here so I think it's time to go to bed and continue thinking on all that things tomorrow, oh! But before that I've just realize that now I have a webpage to add to the bottom of my posts! YoOo-hOoO... Always wanted :)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!

<THUNK!>

That was my jaw hitting the floor. I had to actually step back away from my computer. I was frightened and amazed. I just stared in amazement at this strange and wonderful bar of goodness at the top of the window!

Good grief! I know just by looking at this that IT WAS A TON OF FREAKING WORK!!!!! You really put a LOT INTO THIS!!!! I can't commend you enough for your commitment. The icons ALONE were probably hours of work.

----------------

Had you thought about or tried the idea of using "pop up" floating tool palettes? I think I know the answer to this as I tried it myself a few times. I couldn't get a floating window from a script to react to the tool changes.

If that could work, this tool could "float" open all the time with any tool instead of only being used when selected.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Awesome Ramón,
you start to come in true your tiny signature. ;)
-G
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Amazing tool Ramon, I love all of it and the inside layer settings specially, it makes all the click-click-click go away :)
You must have put a lot of hard brain boiling work in to this right?
I have just downloaded it and have not yet tried all there is in this fantastic tool but what I have seen so far is more of what I could dream of!!

If you are planning to continue developing LLT I have a small wish, that is to be able to control the "shading direction" as well, imagine working with light shadings it would make it a lot easier.

THANKS RAMON for sharing this piece of art with us!!
Imago

Post by Imago »

It crashes my ASP7 brutally! :shock:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Imago wrote:It crashes my ASP7 brutally! :shock:
Have you followed the install instructions? I am on osx and have to install the scriptresources inside the app itself, what os are you using?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It either crashes or... doesn't crash. The "brutally" description doesn't tell us anything. :)

-vern
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Wow, thank you so much!

Being able to set the visibility of multiple layers at the same time is such a time saver.
Imago

Post by Imago »

I put the folders in the installation one.
Then put the line in tools.txt
When I start the application, I can see about six new tools in the bar... a couple of seconds and the screen go white (I'm on Win 7) and then in closes.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Ok, now after 50 attempts, I managed to install it.
It seem useful! But I think it is a bit slow...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Oooh... Lots of kind words! So first of all, thank you very much for each of them cause, definitely, they are veeery welcomed :)

Well, now I'll try to follow an order...
heyvern wrote:Had you thought about or tried the idea of using "pop up" floating tool palettes?
Yeah, I think during "About..." window development process I start to consider that kind of possibilities, but maybe not for the entire tool (I tremble only thinking it) but for some kind of controls like layer translation and (when available (if)) scale, rotation, and so, cause they are definitely the more space eating ones... but! One of the things that doesn't encourage me to go in that way is... the known window remembering position issue :(, that can seem a minor thing but I don't imagine windows appearing in the middle of the screen and having to replace it each time. Of course, if it was an "always opened" bar, it only would have to be done one time per session that can be much more reasonable, but even though I think it could be a little annoying. Anyway, although I'm not totally sure if we will be referring to the same, I remember to have got some workarounds for some kind of limitations you describe so uhm, leaving aside the reposition issue, yeah, it well could deserve some time of study...
ulrik wrote:If you are planning to continue developing LLT I have a small wish, that is to be able to control the "shading direction" as well
Sure! :) But... what are you exactly referring with "control shading direction"? Hm, let me know if we are not talking of the same thing but you have total control of Shadow/Shading/(even!)Perspective be means of the Layer Effects dialogue window accessible from that little arrow besides Shadows/Motion Blur buttons. If you are referring to the new 3D shading feature... well, that kind of control is simply not allowed for now :(

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Imago wrote:When I start the application, I can see about six new tools in the bar... a couple of seconds and the screen go white (I'm on Win 7) and then in closes.
This part intrigue me a lot! Not sure what could cause that kind of behaviour, so if you have more/any details I'd like to know it...
Imago wrote:Ok, now after 50 attempts, I managed to install it.
It seem useful! But I think it is a bit slow...
...Great relief! :D I assume that the resources folder was not placed where it should be when you started the program (or maybe it was still opened during the tool installation?) so you suffer the "hounding " of so much attempts as image buttons on the tool! Nothing serious, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :roll:

Oh, very curious too about the slow issue, as I said I'm in the will of improve the coding to make the tool as much light as possible (that in this case is reeeally convenient :oops:), but for some reason I have been prioritizing another kind of things... Anyway! If you are in Windows 7, I assume you are working with a relatively new computer, isn't?? I'm on Windows XP Laptop with a 2,4 Gz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT and (maybe the most relevant thing due to the size of the tool) a 7.200 rpm HDD, and well, the only slowness I notice, sometimes, is a little (split second?) delay the fist time I select the tool, after that, I think all works as expected, with no noticeable effect over common tasks or even playback (even when all the buttons/controls start to react) so... if you have more detais about that, please, I'd love to know then too.

Well, what more can I say, thank you very much again for your reception, feedbacks and cheers! :)
muuvist

Post by muuvist »

Thanks Ramon, Great work

I am on osx and have to install the scriptresources inside the app itself,
Thanks for the installation tip, I've got it working now.
muuvist

Post by muuvist »

Thanks Ramon, Great work

I am on osx and have to install the scriptresources inside the app itself,
Thanks for the installation tip, I've got it working now.