Hair waves

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

Hair waves

Post by sbtamu »

I am new to ASP but have been using debut for 7 months. Now that I can use scripts I would like to add waving hair to a character. I took some selected points on the hair near the ends and used the Warp Wavy script and after messing with the settings I got the hair to look like its blowing in the wind.

My Question is this, is this the way to do a simple hair blowing in the wind or is there a better technique?

Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm recording some kind of tutorial to simply animate this kind of stuff. Wait me ten minutes.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

selgin wrote:I'm recording some kind of tutorial to simply animate this kind of stuff. Wait me ten minutes.
No problem, take your time and Thank you very much.
Sorry for bad animation

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok, you can create easily a wave effect just using relative cycling. This technique uses the same principle of my tutorial about animating ropes. You create a relative cycle for all points and then
move the cycle of each point to the right on timeline. It's hard to explain, but I hope the video let it clear.
good luck.

the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZOG5LK6DJ0

here is the anme file
http://www.mediafire.com/?umghmnmdnin
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yes, Thanks selgin for taking the time to show me this. I completely get how to do that now.
Sorry for bad animation

hothead

Post by hothead »

a picure means a thousand words but a video mean a millions words. that is the reason i post videos of what i want help with are to show you how to do a task i think everyone should do the same...........................
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Wow, that is a super cool technique, Selgin. Thank you so much.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Many Many Thanks Selgin for your file, but I have only ASP6.2. It opens in ASP7 Trial, but not in ASP6.2
Please ..
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Nice tutorial Selgin! ;)
Imago

Post by Imago »

Excellent tutorial!
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Genete

Post by Genete »

I'm recording some kind of tutorial to simply animate this kind of stuff. Wait me ten minutes.
Hmmm,... Selgin, you're dissapointing me :( Ten minutes to produce a 1:47 tutorial? Your productivity seems to go down! And how the hell did you allow stambu to ask for that without the video tutorial already posted! :evil: really dissapointing! :wink:

-G
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Genete wrote:
Hmmm,... Selgin, you're dissapointing me :( Ten minutes to produce a 1:47 tutorial? Your productivity seems to go down! And how the hell did you allow stambu to ask for that without the video tutorial already posted! :evil: really dissapointing! :wink:
Hehehe, sorry, Genete, I promess you it won't happen again (and I don't know if you noticed, but the ten minutes finally became thirty...)

Thank you all for the nice comments. I was planning to do this tutorial long ago, but never had the time.
A couple tips, one, you can use this technique with bones too and, two, you can control better the way the points moves changing how the cycle is constructed. It's not necessary that all points have the same movement. For example, if you distort the last point cycle, you will get something like a whip. Just play until you obtain the desired effect.

kkrawal, I will try to upload a 6.2 version of the file today at office.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Gracias, por tu generosidad!
"and then Man created god!"
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

F.M. wrote:Gracias, por tu generosidad!
de nada :)

Kkrawal, here is the anme file for AS 6.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ymm2etyjnn
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Many Many Thans. Selgin . Downloaded