AS7

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It should - it says so on SM's website.
Sarina

Post by Sarina »

kevin wrote:Been messing around with the new Library in Pro 7 and a couple of things about it come to mind. In the Users manual on page 283 it says "You can create and remove categories and subcategories, and can add and remove content, including your existing content libraries, to/from the Library palette." I have yet to figure out how to create my own categories. I tried to do it by just putting a folder at the root where the Library is but the Library in ASP doesn't seem to see it.

I know the Content Library is for "content" and not for ASP Projects - but you know what would be really cool and helpful would be if you could save your Projects right to the Library..
You can add your own content to the Content Library.
Select a category (e.g. Props) and then click on a sub-category (i.e Food Props). You will now see two icons appear at the bottom. You can either save your creation to that folder, or create a new sub-folder that you can save it to.

You will see that the main categories (characters, audio, video etc.) are hard coded into the library. However, you can create your own sub-folder categories such as 'Food Props' etc. by going to system - shared resources - Smith Micro - Anime Studio Pro - 7 - Library. Then choose a category (i.e. 'Props') and then add a new folder such as 'My Own Props'. Make sure that the library is closed while you areadding the new folder. Then open the library, and you should now see the folder you created in the 'Props' category.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sarina
Sarina DuPont
(Former) Product Manager
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
-----------------------------
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/animestudio
Twitter: http://twitter.com/anime_studio
Imago

Post by Imago »

Sarina, there is a way to move the library folder into another position?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Sarina

Post by Sarina »

Imago wrote:
Lebostein wrote:Why my title screen looks like Anime Studio 6 with an overpainted 7?
Only English version has the new Splash screen, Francais and Dutch has the old one with the big red 7 on it.
I wonder why...
Hi,

Version 7 is an English Only release. It includes the French and German language options from version 6, but you will see that none of the new features have been localized yet, and none of the manuals have been localized either. We are working on a fully localized version of Anime Studio French and German. This will be available as a free update if you own version 7.

If you're running AS 7 on a French or German OS, you can change the language to English (recommended) in the preferences options inside Anime Studio 7 (on Windows).

On the Mac (on Leopard) you can change the language to English if you're running a French or German OS by right clicking the app icon in the Finder --> Get Info and unchecking French and German in the Languages drop-down menu.

On the Mac (Snow Leopard), you can right-click the app icon in the Finder, select 'Show Package Contents' - Contents - Resources and then drag both the 'DE.lproj' and 'FR.lproj' folders to the 'Resources disabled' folder at the 'Contents' level.
This will change the language to English if you're running Anime Studio on a French or German OS.

Cheers,
Sarina
Sarina DuPont
(Former) Product Manager
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
-----------------------------
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/animestudio
Twitter: http://twitter.com/anime_studio
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Imago wrote:Sarina, there is a way to move the library folder into another position?
You can move it if you use "symbolic link", for instance, move the folder "Library" to where you want to have it, make a symbolic link of the Library folder and put the link where the library was before you moved it.
Aleksey Gankov

Post by Aleksey Gankov »

heiseman wrote:So how's the easing in/out in ASP7? Has it improved? Are there adjustable velocity curves yet?
No. No changes.

Also, ver 7 has problems rendering on the systems with old HT processors (P4 3.0 GHz, HT).
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

Hmm. Well I like the physics features, as it can be usefule for clothings and probs in a scene with no need to animate them...you can use physics on 3D imported objects by applying a bone to them for really amazing and fast simulations. Unfortunately it is based on the bone, not any sort of bounding box or convex, but I guess that is a small price.

I'm scratching my head about the poser intergration...It is not fast enough to use for some sort of crowd simulation or something or to animate in. Things crash very quickly when trying to handle even a small poser file (or in my case disappear).

I like the new curves. I use point animation a lot so they are very welcome.

The image keying is not very good and unnecessary. It will never be as accurate as photoshop, so I'm not sure why they are trying to complete here.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Sarina wrote:
Imago wrote:
Lebostein wrote:Why my title screen looks like Anime Studio 6 with an overpainted 7?
Only English version has the new Splash screen, Francais and Dutch has the old one with the big red 7 on it.
I wonder why...
Version 7 is an English Only release. It includes the French and German language options from version 6, but you will see that none of the new features have been localized yet, and none of the manuals have been localized either. We are working on a fully localized version of Anime Studio French and German. This will be available as a free update if you own version 7.
Sarina
Any news about localization?
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Lebostein wrote:
Sarina wrote:
Imago wrote: Only English version has the new Splash screen, Francais and Dutch has the old one with the big red 7 on it.
I wonder why...
Sarina
Any news about localization?
OK, I bury my hopes now...