Anime Studio 7 is now available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Post by chucky »

OMFREAKNG
I just saw the 3d character stuff !
Must know more!
Can I use poser7 to export or do I need pro ?
How does the rig work?
Does that mean we make rigs in anime?
How complex can the 3d vector shapes be ?
Can you stitch vertices like in AM?
What are the surface and render options like for the new 3d?
Why wasn't I beta testing?
Why is there no demo?
:? :? :? :? :? :?
A couple of those questions could be considered rhetorical. :)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Vern:
Motors on bones. Theoretically you can create "walking" or "hoping" bone contraptions that move on their own without keyframing. I created a simple one but it only had three bones and fell over after a few steps. It would over rotate after a while and lose it's balance. Basically I looped a bone motor keyframe reversing motor direction. This does not loop the animation, it only loops the direction of the bone motor. So one leg moves back and forth. I set friction high so it would sort of walk across the screen. Eventually it took a too long step, fell over and just kicked it's legs stuck on its back.
Ha ha, THAT sounds pretty awesome. I look forward to trying THAT.
chucky

Post by chucky »

We could make fighting characters
They kick and punch, we could put them in scenes and let them box it out , maybe five rounds , five animations. :idea:

I said we, I mean you guys can. :cry:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Just solved the stupid problem with my credit card and (slowoOoly) dowloadiiing! Trank you Vern for the new curves explanation! I think that, if it's like I imagine from your words and my AS experience, I'll love it! Do you think that now you can have a low point density curve without that little (but so ugly) curve deformatios in curve-point intersections??? Cause that is something I have been waiting for (so many) years! :D Uf, although maybe I should test it to confirm before let out so much happy, so --> :) (for now).
Lost Marble wrote: It's a "layer function", and it's actually quite simple:

You can tell a layer to follow a path (some path that you have previously drawn in a separate layer). Then, there's an option that has always existed called "Rotate to follow path" (in the Layer Settings dialog). [...] Now it also takes into account the path that the layer is following.
Oh, just the rotation method that I imagined after posting, well I'm happy too! :D Although a curve function instead would opened a lot of doors for "any" object path following, but really it could do the job depending of the situation so I'll have to test it before can take final conclusions. Oh! And thanks for that video :), that bend option seems perfect to make thigs propertly "tight" during pathing!? Again, can't wait to put (soon) my hands over it :) Ah, of course... I can assume that you can modify/animate the curve and the follower will change dinamicaly, is't?

What more, what more... oh, yeah, now it's something personal, but THANK YOU very much for maintain my interest (to say something) so alive with all this incredible features and new hopes :)

EDIT: Downloadeeed! :D (but at work :()
Last edited by Rai López on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Sounds like a great upgrade!

Is $130 the upgrade price? I ask because it is not really a discount from $199 since upgrades are always cheaper than buying a software for the first time.

A little confused by the advertising which calls it a discount.

udd

PS what version of Poser is neede to work with ASP 7?
Last edited by uddhava on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Guys can I ask something?

With follow path, it sounds like you set a layer to follow the path. Could this be used to draw motion arcs to move individual bones? Could the bones be tied to it somehow, or use scripting to have the layer drive a bone?
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Content manager is welcome, but I'm wondering - is it referenced?
So if I import a character, key the bones, want to add poses (actions) so do that in the master file for the character, will that update the instance? Probably not, but imagine how rad that would be!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Poser import is amazing.

If you save an AS file with a poser file in it, it updates the poser file. Change it in Poser, it updates in AS. It's all back and forth.

The Poser object is a new "layer" type... I think? Not sure. It has a different icon. Once you import the Poser file you can access all the rotation and adjustment sliders for the Poser character. It's also wicked fast. The feedback is very very good posing in AS.

-----------------

Follow path is exactly that. It's linked to the path on a vector layer. You key frame the position along the path at any point. Updating the path layer updates the motion of the "linked" layer/s.

----------------

The library files are not "linked". Once you import or open from the library you have a copy of that file.

--------------

BATTLE BONES!!! WOOHOOO! Great idea! That would be cool. Put them on a platform. The goal would be to push the opponent off the platform. :)

OH MY GOODNESS! Just playing some more with motor bones. Holy cow. Freaking awesome!!!! I put motors on 3 connected bones.... dang thing is like a snake monkey crawling around the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE MUST DO THIS!!! Have a MOTOR DRIVEN BATTLE BONE CONTEST Not just push things around... you could have "pincers" and "claws". OH MAN THIS IS FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

-vern
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

sane people might want a demo
Sane animators!!!

Now if that is not an oxymoron I dont know what is! :)

The upgrade is well worth the 130$ as far as I am concern.

If you have any questions regarding ASP7 just ask, we'll answer them gladly, so you can make an enlighten decision.

G
Last edited by GCharb on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

GCharb wrote:
If you have any questions regarding ASP7 just ask, we'll answer them gladly, so you can make an enlighten decision.
Thank you. What version of Poser is compatible with ASP 7?

As far as the upgrade price goes, is that the standard upgrade price or a limited time offer? I ask because of this email I received below.

http://my.smithmicro.com/email_web/anim ... -+Upgrades

udd
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Poser 8 is the version I used for testing.
I don't know about pricing. You have to ask Smith Micro.

-vern
Didi

Post by Didi »

Guys you all ignored my questions in the middle of the previous page... :?
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

heyvern wrote:Poser 8 is the version I used for testing.
I don't know about pricing. You have to ask Smith Micro.

-vern
I ask about the Poser version because I received a special "time limited" offer from Smith Micro for Poser 7. I only have Poser 5 right now.

If anyone has tested with an older version, please reply.

udd
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Didi wrote:Guys you all ignored my questions in the middle of the previous page... :?
I was going to reply but basically the answers to all the questions is the opposite of what you want you are hoping for...

No z translation for points. 3D vectors are basically extrusions of shapes on a layer. z point translation would make AS a full blown 3D app.

Only 2 style menus.
I don't really see a need for more than that:
3 styles (2 fills, one stroke) for each shape give you a total of 3 fills, 6 fill effects, 2 strokes and 3 stroke effects if you used them all with saved styles that also have effects. If you need more than that create "double" shapes on one vector or double up the layer or vector shapes.

Brushes are the same as in 6.

No sketchy filter.

Particles are the same. Square? I suppose yes. Still square. You can get around that by using more emitters in different positions. Place them correctly you can make any shape.

Swf is the same.

No SVG import. Just AI and EPS.

-vern
Didi

Post by Didi »

Ok thanks. So v7 is not for me. This time I'll stay with v6.2 then and wait for AS8. Bye. ;)
Last edited by Didi on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.