SPAM

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

SPAM

Post by sbtamu »

I'm new to animation and to this forum. Infact the day I bought AS I joined this forums and have enjoyed it very much.
But, today for some reason, I find it hard to navigate through the site today because of SPAM.

Does this happen alot here?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

It happens everywhere. The best approach is to ignore the post and poster. Spam that has no place here, after all this is an animation forum, so selling anything that is not in line with the topic is only looking for a higher placing in web-search engines. Don't help them out by replying to them.

It my understanding that some IP address are currently blocked. But for the Mods it is a never ending battle.

Dale
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

dueyftw wrote:It happens everywhere. The best approach is to ignore the post and poster. Spam that has no place here, after all this is an animation forum, so selling anything that is not in line with the topic is only looking for a higher placing in web-search engines. Don't help them out by replying to them.

It my understanding that some IP address are currently blocked. But for the Mods it is a never ending battle.

Dale
they are like piranha. eat away at every point they can exploit.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Hi,

Spam runs in cycles - the admins of a botnet find the forum, then auto post stuff. The admins and Mods here then clear it out and if we identify IP's we block them.

Eventually there are two outcomes - we block all the botnets or the spammers realize the forum is guarded and they go elsewhere ... they are looking for the links to boost their Google ranking in the search engines. No links here means they are wasting their time.

Hopefully, we get rid of most of the junk within hours of it appearing; sometimes we get then within minutes which must be really frustrating for them.

Just bear with us and ignore obvious Spam posts.

Rhoel