HAPPY LAND update

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I liked the Haarp one. Very ad-hoc :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

I can't help but laugh whenever I see these. You mix and time the facial elements to perfection.

And I don't even think you need backgrounds. The starkness adds a new level to the action. Sound effects, however, will be a welcome addition.

I've been watching a DVD of Roadrunner cartoons and remembering why I find them so boring: each gag ends with only a handful of character responses (slump off to the right, or look at the camera with a shocked expression, or slowly rise with wobbly eyes then fall down with a bang...)

The second clip in your compilation shows the value of occasionally extending the gag to allow more resolution, even if there ISN'T a resolution. The "plot" is pure Roadrunner, but the REAL point is what comes AFTER.

Fantastic work.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Oh boy, the last one really got me! I'm still laughing ...

You are a master of facial expressions, Sir.
tonym

Post by tonym »

slowtiger wrote:Oh boy, the last one really got me!
Same here! Soooo funny.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks for the replies.

I've made 30 shorts. My goal of 52 is in sight.

I used Toon Boom Animate in a bit of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uN6MFxetYU

Peace,

Mike
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Very nice, as always! The melting pushes the limits on the rules of the universe in an unexpected way.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Another two:

[removed]

Also another possible background:

[removed]
Last edited by Mikdog on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

You are a sick, sick man.

Thank goodness!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I wonder if anyone knows if I can make an action that affects a whole bunch of layers. Say I make an action called WALK. Is it possible to make this one action affect both leg layers as well as a 'character vertical movement' group layer and a 'character horizontal movement' group layer? I was messing around with actions and created an action called UP_DOWN that affects the vertical movement of a character. Then I saw that the action turned up when I selected a leg bone layer. So I programmed some random bone movement in UP_DOWN. Then, when I copied the action into the MAIN timeline, both the VERTICAL GROUP movement and the BONE movement of another layer got copied. I'm not sure if I just imaged this but that would kind of blow my mind.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

AAH! This is crazy! I never quite understood actions up until now. Ay carumba this could have saved me a lot of time. Think I may have to get my head around these new possibilities and redo a lot of my character template.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mikdog wrote:AAH! This is crazy! I never quite understood actions up until now. Ay carumba this could have saved me a lot of time. Think I may have to get my head around these new possibilities and redo a lot of my character template.
Yes, I just read your message and get that. If you apply an action to a group/bone, the action will be on all the child layers. Knowing that maybe you would want to take a look on blend morph. I imagine it could make a bunch of face expressions for your characters.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Ok, I get it now. It won't affect layers in the same order hierarchy as its own but will affect child layers under it. Man this is awesome.

This really does amaze me. I thought I knew AS pretty well but this opens up another door I didn't think possible. Yee hee hee I get kind of giddy when I think of how much time this could potentially save me. Not too concerned about blend morphs for now, these actions are great.

It'd make life easier if I could copy keyframes from the main timeline and paste them into an action, but no such luck.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mikdog wrote:It'd make life easier if I could copy keyframes from the main timeline and paste them into an action, but no such luck.
Create a new action and doble click it (to edit it), now on the actions window do one click on "mainline". Now click the Insert Copy button. Your mainline animation will be copied to your action :wink:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Good grief. This is...this is...awesome.

THANK YOU SELGIN!!! :D
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

Ho-lee COW!

I've been using actions a lot during the last few weeks and they keep getting more useful, but I had NO IDEA they could apply to the child layers of groups! That's amazing! Yet another AS shortcut that will shave hours of picky stress off my life.