Animation challenges

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Okse

Animation challenges

Post by Okse »

I dont know if this has been suggested before, but how about having a section where a piece of audio is posted up and the challenge is to come up with something imaginative to go along with the audio,

Maybe a fortnightly challenge , I've seen this done on other forums and I think it could work well here.

I think this would be great as it would help us all and animations would be up for critique.

What say you peeps?

If this has been suggested before, I do apologise.

Okse
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This is an interesting idea, Okse. :) My sense is that most people are pretty busy with their current projects. I personally wouldn't want to start redirecting my energies unless the challenge was really helpful to me.

For me it would be most beneficial to do challenges centered around common animation problems or techniques, such as "animate a run cycle," or "animate using secondary motion." If the challenge was primarily about being creative, I don't think that would hone my animation skills.

I would also want very little time commitment. I would probably want to use characters that come with Anime Studio and then I'd only want to commit a couple of hours to each particular challenge. So it would be more of an exercise than a challenge.

But that kind of takes the fun out of your original idea. :D
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

My first thought was "Sign me up!" and my second was "But I'll never finish my Work In Progress!"

My third and current thought is: "The worst that could happen is that very few people take part, but the best is that lots of people have fun and improve their skills by trying new things."

So I say "Go for it!"
Jumproper36

!!!!

Post by Jumproper36 »

sounds great! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea: :?: :!: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :shock: :D :) :? 8) :) :? :cry: 8) :P :x :evil: :twisted: :wink: :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :oops: :P :? 8) :( :) :o fsdjhgkjjsdhfkjghskdjfghsdkjfgskdjfghskdjfghskdfjghsdkfjghskdfjghskdfjg