General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

Is this a glitch?

Post by sbtamu »

Unrendered project of GW Bush acting stupid

GW Bush project rendered 2999 frames

GW Bush project rendered at 100 frames

Anyone have a clue on when I render the whole project it gets cut into 4 sections?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello there.

What version of AS?

Have you taken any drugs at some point working on your project?

Heheh, seriouslly, never seen this in either 5 or 6, have you tried render another file and see if the same thing occur, maybe the file got corrupted at some point!

Gilles
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I'm using ASd 6 is why I render at 2999 frames. I render at 100 and at 500 and it comes out fine, it's only when I render the whole 2999 at one time does it do this.

Until i find a way to keep the audio if i render it in sections im screwed. If i render 1-500 it comes out great, but when i render 500-1000 i lose audio.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Effects like this I used to see when I used a very fragmented and even damaged harddrive. Check your filesystem with an appropriate tool.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I have seen something very similar to this before - it happens when rendering a large video file and you consume all the available computer resources. ASP doesn't flush its memory on completing a frame render.

Try rendering the movie in batches of png and see if the same thing happens at 2999. In my case rendering in png batches of 100 fixed the problem.

Rhoel
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

Does the project only do this on the very last frame? Are the previous 2998 frames good?

To avoid the "losing the audio" problem, I reapply the audio in a compositing program later.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

muffysb wrote:Does the project only do this on the very last frame? Are the previous 2998 frames good?

To avoid the "losing the audio" problem, I reapply the audio in a compositing program later.
It does it for the 1st 1000 or so frames then it clears up and looks ok for the last 1999 frames.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I fixed it but not sure how. I imported the rendered project into Virtualdub and this is what resulted.

Anyways, VirtualDub is awesome software.

Thanks for the hints