disappearing layers

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kfried27

disappearing layers

Post by kfried27 »

help! don't know what i did, but I seemed to have changed a setting accidentally. When I try to remove a layer from a group, the layer disappears. what did I do, how do I fix it?
Genete

Post by Genete »

When I try to remove a layer from a group, the layer disappears
Errr... isn't it what is supposed to happen when you remove a layer from a group?
-G
kfried27

Post by kfried27 »

okay, more info: i have several vector layers that are inside a group layer. Let's say that I do not want those layers grouped any longer, so i physically remove them from the group. As soon as I pull them out of the group, out from under the folder, the image that was on the vector layer disappears.

So- let's say I have a circle inside a group, along with a square and a triangle. i decide to remove the circle from the group and pull it away from the group folder. As soon as it's no longer within the group, the image disappaers. so the layer still reads, "circle", but there is no circle in the work area.

This now happens with any file I try to open in AS, so I assume I changed a setting- but have no idea what I did or how to fix it.
kidboom

Post by kidboom »

This really almost sounds like a bug.

You probably already did this, but check your settings, or preferences.

And also try to remember any and all animations that you have tried previous to this one.

It may help you find the problem.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

If you applied any flipping, rotation, or translation to your group layer, when you remove a vector layer, that layer will no longer be flipped etc. And so it could end up somewhere completely different in your workspace. Could that be what's happening?
kfried27

Post by kfried27 »

Oh my, that is exactly what I did- thank you so much, this was making me crazy![/quote]