Video editor for AS animations

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Video editor for AS animations

Post by PARKER »

Hi, rigth now im editing with windows movie maker but i think i need something better because when i edit and export my AS videos in WMM they loose quality, can please somebody recommend me a great video editor that offers excelent video quiality?

Imago

Post by Imago »

Try VideoPad Video Editor.
It's free and easy to use.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
thatonejonguy

Post by thatonejonguy »

I use Sony Vegas Pro 8 for editing video. Very straight-forward and easy to use, yet powerful.

Lots of export options, which should give you whatever quality/file-size output you desire.

Vegas Pro is a little pricey but they have other versions to accommodate just about any budget.

Check it out: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware

Download a trial and see if it works for you.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I've heard that Blender contains a non-linear editor and its FREE.

Here is a fairly complete list with links.
kashak

Post by kashak »

Sony Vegas Pro 8 (or new ver.9) is really great editor. Works good not only with video but audio too.

You may check also those free open-source apps. Can't add much from me since didn't used them but can only encourage to give it a try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra
http://www.openmovieeditor.org/
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Well, I recommend exporting in Quicktime format and for a video editor try Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I've used several movie editors, but non have worked for me except for this one. I use the regular version, not the pro.

Hope this helps,
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
Didi

Post by Didi »

Hi guys, I am looking for a video editor two.

I always used a veeery old (for Win95!) Adobe Premiere LE, I can't use it anymore on my new computer, and I don't want to buy a new Premiere : it is so expensive while missing so much things like layer blending just to force you to buy AfterEffect with it... :roll:

I took a look at Sony Vegas Pro since some guys here like it, but it is far too expensive for me now.... I am afraid of the non-pro cheap versions, there may miss things I need...

In deed, I just want to be able to :
- either import a series of numbered png transparent files, or 32bit mode transparent video.
- import uncompressed avi, as well as h264 if possible.
- have a good realtime preview with effects on !
- import a landscape picture, bigger than the project, and make it pan or zoom during the video
- allow 1040x720 12ips instead of real HD 1280x720 25ips.
- change the speed of a block in the sequence.
- opacity, of course, and bluring would be cool.
- layer blending would be cool, but not of a very big importance.

Do you know one ?
I think I can go up to ~100€, maybe a bit more if it's really great.
For now, I'll check demos of Corel VideoStudio Pro X3, Sony Vegas, Magix...
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

The better question is, does anyone know of a free Image Sequencer?
Genete

Post by Genete »

aleXean wrote:The better question is, does anyone know of a free Image Sequencer?
Avidemux does a good job importing image sequences.
-G
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

oOo I shall check that out, thank you!
robj

Post by robj »

Virtualdub

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Allows import of image sequences (bmp; tga; jpeg?; others ...). Also allows a great deal of control over input / output (framerate input / output; frame size; etc ...) and quite a few filters are available as well (motion blur; resize; HSV; many more ...). One example is to import image sequense as 24 fps, and export with 3:2 pulldown giving you 30 fps (Virtualdub will actually generate the extra frames). Lots more too ... check the forum at the site.

Rob
kidboom

Post by kidboom »

This is mostly for the guy who first posted.

I also was running into this same problem. No matter how many settings I tweaked in movie maker, I always had a bad animation because of the quality loss.

I didn't need a video editor or any other program once I tried it this way.

Instead of putting the sequence of videos in movie maker, I put them in the right order in Anime Studio 6 Pro instead. I rendered the animation like anything else I would for a movie and it turned out great!

Try it this way and see if it works!
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

For microsoft users, these are free or low cost and produce nice quality (of course it depends on the users knowledge of editing).

VirtualDub, free editor with lots of plugins that can be found on the net.
Lagarith, free lossless codec for backing up high quality animations. Also, supports alpha channel.
Divx, for exporting from AnimeStudio, before uploading to YouTube. But also web friendly for your own personal website. And even for some dvd players.
wena

Post by wena »

Hi
I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate v.14, have been using it from the days when I produced film only. It is very price but well worth it. It will give you HD output, a number of channels for sound and video. It's title making is superb and gives the whole work a professional finish.

With two channel video for example you can put animation on top of a film. Use Chroma screening and may other things.

Wena
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Hi there, I do not post much but you should be getting atleast HQ from windows movie maker on a XP and HD on a vista.

I did this one just by exporting from AS6 deput as avi and importing it to windows movie maker (version 5.1 service pack 3) and got HQ. Also, i am using deput so i can not get Wide screen so i just use custom setting as follows...788x443 so when i import to movie maker i can set it to wide screen and not get squished looking toons

I can now get HD on my XP movie maker but have not uploaded any more animations.

By the way im neither an artist or an animator. But it's a hobby i like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQBgEOVV6c