Custom Frame size

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Custom Frame size

Post by rylleman »

I would like to have the ability to set custom sizes of exported video, now the only option is full or half size of the project settings.

I'm working in 2K for film output, halfsize of that is 1024x768, which is to large for presentation clips for my client.

I can (and do) recompress the material to my desired output resolution after rendering but it would be a nice time saver to be able to directly output the clips to whatever resolution I want.
typo

Post by typo »

Couldn't you just open a copy of your project and modify the project resolution to the desired resolution? The only difficulty I see in doing this is if you change ratio aspects (16:9/4:3/whatever).
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Project settings/dimensions, enter what you like, you're not adjusting the canvas only, the contents will be fit into your new dimensions. That's what you want right?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Yes, one way to do it is to change project settings everytime I want to output some clips but it would be somewhat easier to be able to set output resolution in the export settings. It's not a big issue for me but if LM would implement it I would be a bit happier.

For now I'm sticking to rescaling the material after rendering, I don't want to mess to much with project sizes. I'm working with bitmap graphics where I want to have total control of sizes, scaling and stuff and it could get messy if I forget to change back the settings.
cribble

Post by cribble »

This sounds like a batch render option to me. My "vision" of it would be frame rate options as well a dimensions and whatever option you want, and then a have some sort of tickable box to make the settings apply to whatever file. Tru Cool?
--Scott
cribble.net
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

cribble wrote:This sounds like a batch render option to me. My "vision" of it would be frame rate options as well a dimensions and whatever option you want, and then a have some sort of tickable box to make the settings apply to whatever file. Tru Cool?
That would be sweet!, more options means more control which means a more solid animation tool.