arm bending

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

uddhava

Post by uddhava »

selgin wrote: Try with right click, save file as. The codes you are seeing is your explorer opening the anme file, just like when you open it on notepad.
Okay, thanks! That worked. This is really a simple way to bend the arm. Now I just need to look at it up close to see how to make it.

Thanks, udd
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

I hate 3D programs, so complicated, I think it'll take five years for me to learn the simplest 3D program
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Just for fun, here's my application of the arm rig just mentioned.

Notice that the bone set up works just as well for the wrist, knuckles, and fingers.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Nice one Neeters!!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I can't view mandcon's arm rig because I use ASP5. Is there any chance someone could post a screenshot of this type of rig?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

thanks so much for posting that screenshot, neeters_guy! I know I'll get a lot of use out of this technique.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Thanks for the screen shot. Aren't the three rectangles of the arm also filled separately? In other words three different shapes?

udd
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

uddhava wrote:Thanks for the screen shot. Aren't the three rectangles of the arm also filled separately? In other words three different shapes?
Yes, they are 3 different shapes sharing their points.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Genete

Post by Genete »

selgin wrote:
uddhava wrote:Thanks for the screen shot. Aren't the three rectangles of the arm also filled separately? In other words three different shapes?
Yes, they are 3 different shapes sharing their points.
Hmmm... and what's the problem with a single shape with the external points only? it would allow use continuous shading ,gradient or textures ;)
-G
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Genete wrote:Hmmm... and what's the problem with a single shape with the external points only? it would allow use continuous shading ,gradient or textures ;)
It's a classical vector problem. When the arm angle is too close, you get a hole on the intersection between the vector and itself :wink:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Genete

Post by Genete »

selgin wrote:
Genete wrote:Hmmm... and what's the problem with a single shape with the external points only? it would allow use continuous shading ,gradient or textures ;)
It's a classical vector problem. When the arm angle is too close, you get a hole on the intersection between the vector and itself :wink:
Feature request: be able to change the behavior of a shape when it overlaps with itself. :D
-G
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Genete wrote:Feature request: be able to change the behavior of a shape when it overlaps with itself. :D
Always wanted! More since I knew it is possible/makeable :)
gleeful

Post by gleeful »

I am having trouble figuring out how to get the Mandcon bone rig to work properly.

I have looked at all the available references to it that I could find in the forum, I have downloaded and printed the GIF diagram dated 01/07/2010, and I have tried to build it in a variety of ways.

But I cannot get the single line elbow crease!!! I keep getting a loop instead of the crease!!

Can anyone point me to a detailed set of instructions on how to properly build the Mancon Arm Rig?

Thanks for any help.
What if?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

gleeful wrote:I am having trouble figuring out how to get the Mandcon bone rig to work properly.

I have looked at all the available references to it that I could find in the forum, I have downloaded and printed the GIF diagram dated 01/07/2010, and I have tried to build it in a variety of ways.

But I cannot get the single line elbow crease!!! I keep getting a loop instead of the crease!!

Can anyone point me to a detailed set of instructions on how to properly build the Mancon Arm Rig?

Thanks for any help.
This is just an example for an arm

1, Make this shape.
2, add 2 lines and 2 points
3, make 3 shapes
4-5, add bone and parent them like this

You will need to bind points the the correct bones also, Upper arm gets the top 4 points, Inner elbow gets its one point, outer elbow gets its one points, forearm gets bottom 4 points.

Next you will have to name the bones unless you have auto name set.

Click on a small elbow bone then go to constraints and click on angle control, slecect whatever u named the forearm and set it to .50. Now close the box and click on the other small elbow bone and do the same.

Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu