Clear animation from layer error

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

markyyy

Clear animation from layer error

Post by markyyy »

I wanted to clear the animation from my character's layer, but instead it cleared the whole ... file.. I only see gray, and there's an error box that keeps poping..

SpaceBoy64

Invisible keyframes

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I have been having a similar issue. I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

I think this happened when I imported a Adobe Illustrator file while the timeline pointer was not at 0. I used the Sequencer to move it to frame 0.
This seemed to cause some problems that weren't clear right away. I sized the item and made additions to it. Then I tried to copy a part of it. When I pasted it, it pasted to another area, and the color had changed, plus the new points that I had added pasted where they should, so the whole object was messed up.

I noticed in the time line that there were several channels displayed, but no keyframes. I tried clearing animation for that layer, and that caused my object to change shape, position, size and color.

I just gave up on pasting and redrew the thing. But I am seeing this again on another layer, channels that have no keyframes, but clearing animation completely destroys the layer, so I'm just ignoring it.
markyyy

Post by markyyy »

yes, that seems to be a similar issue... There's 2 ways to possibly fix this.

1. edit the file with notepad and add the keyframes manually (although you'll need to know the coord, frame no etc.) I do this to delete keyframes that won't..

2. I have found that if I'm on a layer that has been hidden at some point I won't be able to add keyframes, so I choose a visible layer..
basshole

Post by basshole »

Can I posit a general question? It seems like I'm getting all sorts of weird issues that might be related to importing things when I'm not on frame 0. Should I just avoid this practice and import only on 0?
markyyy

Post by markyyy »

What type of weird issues...

Working full time with it since august, I have found many turnarounds...

(Actually, there was an update a couple of weeks ago, that fix for me a major issue... Importing and manipulating Hi-Def images would make the program crash)

I like importing on non-zero frames because it automatically sets the hidden points, so I don't have to bother with that.. for me I haven't had any major issue with importing on frames other than 0.

for my blank screen and the error messages.. I have found that this would happen if I have set some cycling keyframes.. And when everythin disapear, I reset the cameras and everything comes back to center...

hope that helps..

MP
basshole

Post by basshole »

Well, I like importing on the first frame where something'll be used for the same reason. But, I had a character that already had some animation in her timeline, and I had imported far into the project (frame 3000 and something). So I do a clear animation from layer, and next thing I know, I get that error mentioned in the initial post here every time I touch anything on her bone layer.

Another weird thing is that I was trying to bind an image layer to one of my characters' bones, and it just wouldn't work. I don't know if that had to do with the same thing, but I've bound bones in V6 before and never had that issue. I opened up another v6 project he was in and tried it and it was fine. So who knows. Maybe there's just too much crap in my project.
markyyy

Post by markyyy »

Did you do the update to 6.2?

did the character you imported had some recurring animations (cycle, noise)

I know in previous version, the bigger the timeline was, the more problematic it became... So far on 6.2, everything has been running smoothly, except for keyframing, still doesn't work 100%

I don't know how their programming logic is, but I know that when you deal with text files, any changes you make involves having to go through the entire file, to either re-write after deleting or searching for the value added or modified, which means longer processing time for longer timelines... One good thing, is we can fix it if there's a problem with it...

MP
basshole

Post by basshole »

Still on 6.0. Did not know there was a point 2. safe to upgrade in the middle of a project?
markyyy

Post by markyyy »

Personnaly this one makes it way more stable and fixes some issues like sound sync on long project (it was slowing down) etc.. not too documented but I was happy to see those fixed...

I would recommend you upgrade..

MP