I can't import ai vector files into anime studio pro 6

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Woodez

I can't import ai vector files into anime studio pro 6

Post by Woodez »

Hi all,

i am new to anime studio pro 6, and have a major problem... i want to import ai files ( vectors ) into anime studio pro 6, i stumbled across a tutorial which stated i would need to convert my saved ai file to illustrator version 8... but when i have anime studio pro 6 open, i try import in the file > import panel, importing illustrator files isn't highlighted and i can't select the option.

Even when i try to use help it shows me how to do it but it still isn't letting me select the option needed to import ai files...

I use a MAC and on the tutorial he uses a pc, is that a problem??? could anyone please assist me with this problem as I design using ai files and really want to bring some of them alive... many thanks
brrrrrrrrrstickup...
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I sometime have this problem that the file import dialog for illustrator files are dimmed, I usually export ill files from Inkscape and if sometimes I forget to write the extension to the file. "ai" and then AS is unable to see that it is an illustrator file. I'm also on mac. Is that the problem?
If so, just add the ai extension to the file and AS will be able to see it.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If you are in the ASpro demo you can't import illustrator. It's one of the demo limitations.
Blue

Post by Blue »

I have not been able to import Illustrator 8 files either. But I have been able to import version 5.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
Atout66

Post by Atout66 »

Blue wrote:I have not been able to import Illustrator 8 files either. But I have been able to import version 5.
Do you mean you imported with the ASP 5.6 version ?

Or do you mean you imported from version 5 of Illustrator files ?

I suppose it's the first one, right ?

Regards
Smoof nickel

Tutorials?

Post by Smoof nickel »

That's wierd I also have a MAC and it brings up the tutorials :wink:
Do not evaluate your attempts or your intentions. Instead, evaluate your results.
super8mm

Post by super8mm »

When importing Illustrator files you have a much greater chance of success if you save the ai format as an older version Illustrator file. The more modern ai files versions are more complex they are that AS can't understand them.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

This always works for me.

viewtopic.php?t=8862&start=30
Atout66

Post by Atout66 »

Hi,

I'm trying the demo version of Xara, and the export to ASP with Illustrator format works fine, even under 5.6.

Cheers.