Animator required - music video

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

vivalagloria

Animator required - music video

Post by vivalagloria »

Ok so hi! I got Anime Studio in the hope of being able to use it myself for this but it's a lot more complicated than I hoped and I'm not getting anywhere with it, and I want to get this done as soon as possible.

Basically I'm in a band and we're releasing our first single in August. But we need a music video. I decided on an animated video and have some ideas but have no idea how to execute them so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who might want to do the job?

I will stress that I have very little money, and while I would love to be able to pay you for your work, it's unlikely I'd be able to give very much. But I'm open to suggestions and I'll do whatever I can. However, you would of course get full credit for the video. We're completely independent so don't have any record label backing for publicity but we're doing all we can for internet promotion and if we can get the video good enough we'll do everything to get the word out there to get as many people watching as possible.

So yeah, let me know what you think! :)

All the best,
Joey
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

However, you would of course get full credit for the video.
You don't really assume that you ever could publish a video without crediting the artists?

OK, a reasonably well animated music video of 3 minutes will take something between 2 and 4 months of daily work. Artists must pay their rent and taxes as everyone, so you should plan for at least 1500 $ a month as minimum budget. Are you prepared for that?

(I just want to weed out the impression that good animation can be done "at weekends" in no time.)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Man. Slow, that price you gave just made me so sad. I realize how badly I've been shooting myself in the foot with my prices. I won't even say how much I charge. Too embarrassed. (by the way, its my price < your minimum price)

Joey - you might want to post the song here to put something on the table. Then, if someone hears the song, and they love it, you might, just might, find someone to work for little to no money at all. At least post a sample of the song. But you'd first need someone to love the song. Like, when I love a girl, I don't mind spending a bit of money on her, taking her out for dinner, etc... but I may not be getting anything back in return. I might be a fool, but still. She's getting something for nothing. In the same way, it'd be good if you can blind the animator with your awesome song so that he/she puts in the work out of...something other than return-based objectives.

You get what you pay for? Sometimes true, sometimes not.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Mikdog - hey, remember where I live. Although I live in the cheapest big city here, these minimum rate only works as long as my girlfriend pays half of the rent.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I can bet what I charge is similar to mikdog's. But it's lightly ok, I'm in South America :roll:
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

WOW! $1500 a month is definitely a minimum price. In fact, that's a kick @$$ price, for animation anyway. Some animators minimum would be close to double that.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

As I said: minimum, and I can't go any lower.

German TV pays between 1000 and 4500 $ per minute of animation, but those jobs are very hard to get.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

:cry:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I find it funny that these types of free or low budget requests always include...
"Of course you will get full credit for the animation"
It seems to me whether you get paid or not you get "full credit" for the work. I don't think a contract would have a clause like this in it..
"if you want full credit for your work take 30% off the fee. Otherwise we put our name on it and pretend we did all the work. If you want to tell other people you animated this project take an additional 20% of the base fee. If you want your name in the credits please subtract another 15%."
;)

-vern
tonym

Post by tonym »

Mikdog wrote:Joey - you might want to post the song here to put something on the table.
A good idea by the Mikdog.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

-removed by me-

Geez, makes me sound vindictive. Yikes.
ferrywayes01

Post by ferrywayes01 »

Hi Vival.
I am a Animation developer and Just came to know about your offer after reading your post. This is a great challenge for me to develop a new animated video for all you guys . Please let me know about the scale, I would be offered for this job, also do reply me the software on which, I would have to workon.

Thanks for your post and stay connect.