Layer position question while animating

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

njoo2as

Layer position question while animating

Post by njoo2as »

If I want to animate a character standing straight looking forward at the camera, and i want to place his arms infront, then behind his body, is there a way to animate that sort of layer switch, is there a function in asp like there is in toon boom digital pro?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Put the arms on a different layer than the body, and body and arm layer into the same group/bone layer, then you can animate layer order.
njoo2as

Post by njoo2as »

slowtiger wrote:Put the arms on a different layer than the body, and body and arm layer into the same group/bone layer, then you can animate layer order.
hmm, already did that but there every time i change the layer (by dragging it in the layers area on the right) it just ends up being in that layer for the whole duration of the animation
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

In AS Pro there you have to "Enable animate layer ordering" it's an option in the layer settings
njoo2as

Post by njoo2as »

ulrik wrote:In AS Pro there you have to "Enable animate layer ordering" it's an option in the layer settings
ahh yeah, thats the stuff...thanks a lot guys